Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused about how we're supposed to be playing the AI decks. It's pretty clear how the AI targets struggles and such against the other players. It dings the player with the most points and specific colonies are decided randomly. Easy enough.

But what about when the AI builds? Am I supposed to optimize for the AI at this point, in which case it's not much of an AI if I'm supposed to be playing it. Is it completely random, in which case shouldn't that have been mentioned? The rules are curiously silent on this matter.

I really like the idea of having AI nations to play against, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say there wasn't a lot of thought put into implementing them. :(

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my assumption that the build locations would have to be player optimized. I bet a die will be needed at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a two (real) player game with a third AI player last night. I had the same issues regarding AI settlement placement. Are you supposed to help the AI, or are you supposed to build to minimize their benefit? I suspect the latter since the AI player is pretty strong. Furthermore, who gets to make the decisions for the AI build placements? We informally house rule the player in last place gets to decide where to place AI settlements.

I do understand the AI targets the player in first place. However, there are many instances where this does not come into play and one has to make decisions for the AI.

Until an official ruling is made, I will continue to play the Last player makes such decisions for the AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts were/are that each AI should have been provided a priority queue (perhaps on a another card) that dictates it's targets among regions and products... Maybe the community will come up with something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.