Subject: Melee attack with Ranged minion, Coin Limit, Overlord as minion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First play today and I have some questions:
1) If I attack an opposing troop with a melee attack can I exhaust a Minion with a Range attack bonus?
2) When I execute a melee attack and in the same area my opponent has 2 troops, is his defence score 1 or 2 ?
3) If I am at my coin limit and I gain coins during my turn can I immediately buy a mercenary with the excess coins?
4) Abilities that affect minions also affect my overlord?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
First play today and I have some questions:
1) If I attack an opposing troop with a melee attack can I exhaust a Minion with a Range attack bonus?
A. You can, but you will not add bonuses.

noom777 wrote:
2) When I execute a melee attack and in the same area my opponent has 2 troops, is his defence score 1 or 2 ?
A. 1, you choose one enemy troop to be your target (not all).

noom777 wrote:
3) If I am at my coin limit and I gain coins during my turn can I immediately buy a mercenary with the excess coins?
No. but you can acquire a Power relic.

noom777 wrote:
4) Abilities that affect minions also affect my overlord?
A. Yes. Otherwise "class" stated (warrior/sorcerer/saboteur/guardian/assassin/ dark overlord) abilities that just target minions will affect anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
Two more:
1) If my opponent attacks one of my troops and I use a Relic ability that allows me to move one of my Troops can I move the attacked troop?
Also, if a tired Minion becomes exhausted by an effect, what happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
Thank you!
Two more:
1) If my opponent attacks one of my troops and I use a Relic ability that allows me to move one of my Troops can I move the attacked troop?
Also, if a tired Minion becomes exhausted by an effect, what happens?

A1. You may not avoid combat by moving a troop out of a combat zone. My version of the rulebook had this as an example (and to say the truth, LOTs of misspellings, as English is not my first language ) But I'm still trying to figure out how/when this sentence got removed from the final version.

A2. you may not exhaust an already tired minion.

Hope you will enjoy playing it =), Covil is one of my very dearest creations.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
Our first attempt broke down in round 2 with the first attack in the game and we had to play something else.

I got attacked via ranged by a player ahead in turn order. No way to have enough defence, you lose an action and you can theoretically lose your fortress in one attack. Relics allowed to move and attack so could they be used to immediately move into your opponents area and then attack and kill the troop that was originally attacking me? Does this prevent the first attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
Anyone knows how this would resolve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.