Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Godwin
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is Far deeper than any casual perusal will make evident. It is NOT simply chess with a theme pasted on. It used a framework taken from chess, stands it on its head, and turns it into something completely different. I was not expecting anything near what this game actually is. It's like taking the basic idea of chess and throwing in heavy elements of Star Realms/Yugioh/Magic, then stirring it into a frenzy. This is not a game to be overlooked or misunderstood. It's currently on kickstarter and has a gameplay video further down its page, - you owe it to yourself to watch it. This was not expected, at all, but IS amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um ... one small point ... maybe I'm a succor for pretty colors, but the art for this looks totally dope. No art book? Chess/card games are not my thing, but I would back this and give the game a shot if there was an art book as an add-on ( probably too expensive to make it a SG, which is fine not to ). If it was ugly/plain ( like so many games ), I would simply not bother - the art drew me in and looking it over, it does seem rich in play and cool in theme. Say it with me, ART BOOK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Godwin
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, that would definitely be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando Issa
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Art Book! Hey Barry, I love your comment. I'd love to do this, but don't you think it's too late to add something like this to the campaign?

I made this campaign as simple as possible to avoid those nightmare stories you hear from other first time creators.

But I'm definitely open to ideas. I'll start asking around. Perhaps I can have something ready after the campaign and give backers an option to add it to their order using a pledge manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolando Issa wrote:
Art Book! Hey Barry, I love your comment. I'd love to do this, but don't you think it's too late to add something like this to the campaign?

I made this campaign as simple as possible to avoid those nightmare stories you hear from other first time creators.

But I'm definitely open to ideas. I'll start asking around. Perhaps I can have something ready after the campaign and give backers an option to add it to their order using a pledge manager.

That works too! Didn't mean to imply you give it away, more than willing to pay extra for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Defina
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Quick question regarding Deck/Army Building. I'm slightly confused on how you can mix various factions together. Example having having a creature from Wisdom and another from Strength. If that's the case do you then build the ability deck with respect to the creature cards that were chosen for your army.

Essentially having a front line of strength with a back line of wisdom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando Issa
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
NICKD83 wrote:
Quick question regarding Deck/Army Building. I'm slightly confused on how you can mix various factions together. Example having having a creature from Wisdom and another from Strength. If that's the case do you then build the ability deck with respect to the creature cards that were chosen for your army.

Essentially having a front line of strength with a back line of wisdom?

When you start mixing various factions, you start minimizing your chances of being able to use all your ability cards with certain creatures (on the board). This is because each creature has a discipline that represents which faction it is in.

For example: you're playing with 8 strength creatures, and 8 wisdom creatures, and you draw a card called Plagueland. Well, Plagueland has a cost of 4 strength to use. Which means that none of your wisdom creatures will be able to use it, since their discipline is wisdom.

So although your 16 creatures (pieces) on the board can play perfectly using their OWN abilities, you will be limited to the amount of creatures that can use the abilities in your hand. Keep in mind that your ability cards are hidden from your opponent, so they can be very valuable.

Hope this helps!

Discipline cost is shown in the upper right portion of the card, represented by a crown.

Discipline type is shown in the upper right portion of the card, just below Attack and Health, represented by a crown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.