8 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers – The Return of Khan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry R
msg tools
Hello,

I just completed my first successful "Return of Khan" campaign solo, and it was epic!

I have a few questions regarding Solo scoring:

1. Do the standard Achievements scoring rules apply (except for titles)?

2. Do you get a bonus of 30 points for each Round completed before the limit?

3. Do you get an additional 5 points if the End of Round was not announced during the last Round of play?

4. Do Solo players get 20 points for destroying the Borg Cube (as in the Cooperative scenario)?

5. Do you get any experience points for defeating Khan's Ceti eel thralls?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Release: February 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on your well-earned victory!

Solo and Co-op use the same scoring for the expansion scenarios, so only use the scoring listed in the new rules. The reference to "Score the best player in all categories" refers to the Standard Achievements scoring.

The Ceti Eel Thralls are not worth any XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
Thanks, Andrew!

I am hoping you can confirm that I did the following rules correctly:

1. Whether you initiate a space battle attack against Khan or Khan initiates a space battle attack against you, you roll Khan's Data Die, correct?

2. When playing Solo and performing the Away Mission to the Pequod, you get to see all of the Planet Tokens face up before you assign the Captain or any Crew Members, but you have to decide if the Captain or any Crew Members are going on the Away Mission before you roll Khan's ground battle Data Die, correct?

3. If you are boarding the Pequod on the same turn as the space battle, you re-roll Khan's Data Die, correct?

4. If I decide not to board the Pequod after winning the space battle (e.g., I want to have the maximum number of cards available for the boarding mission), can you skip it and just take the -2 Reputation penalty (as in the base game when deciding to send a basic security team)?

5. On that note, does anything happen if your penalty would be reduced below the "X" on the Reputation Track? Or, does it just stay on "X"?

6. If I am performing an Away Mission (whether in a scenario from the expansion or the base game), and I activate a Crew Member (e.g., for Diplomacy or Long Range Attack) rendering him/her spent, is that Crew Member available to assign damage to during the Assign Damage phase? I thought this was addressed in the rules, but if so, I cannot find the reference.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Well, you are technically still doing the boarding action, but yes, you can send a basic security force to their doom. surprise

5. No, but people shiver a little when you pass by them on the bridge.

6. Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
Andrew Parks wrote:

4. Well, you are technically still doing the boarding action, but yes, you can send a basic security force to their doom. surprise

Well, what are redshirt officers for?

Last question on scoring: the "Then multiply the result by 1, 1.5, or 2, depending on the chosen Race Level" language applies only to the points calculated from the first 3 bullet points under the "If you defeat Khan, you gain:" clause on page 14, correct? (Not multiply your total score by 1/1.5/2, I assume.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's the total result including everything you've calculated up to that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
Thanks, Andrew.

Miscellaneous question: on the ground battle side of Khan's token, what is that funny looking orange fireball line thingy above the Superior Intellect icon?

I assume it has no gameplay effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that's meant to signify that it's the Ground Combat side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.