BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Dice Tower Con 2018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vampirics18 Knight18
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never went to any conventions before and Dice Tower Con would be my first. But i do have a question, we booked the hôtel, the flights, and we went on the dicetowercon website to buy the badges...

Here's my concern, on the website i got a receipt number, and i can see that we bought the badges (2 badges). But i never received the email confirmation and the payment doesn't seem to taken off the credit card yet.

Is it normal? Will they take it just closer to the convention date?
How are we getting the actual badges? i tried to find out myself on the website when i am logged in but there's no print option.

Obviously all those questions are for people that already went to that convention or the people organizing it.

I just need to be sure that everything will be all right because for us at least, that's a lot of money and we don't really want to go there and not being able to get in.

Thank you if anyone can help.

P.S.: I did send an email to the dice tower Con website as well about this and got no answer as well. But it was yesterday so maybe they just didn't get the chance yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McNamara
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
The doo-dah man
badge
Where's the men's gaming forum?
mbmbmbmbmb
vampirics wrote:
I never went to any conventions before and Dice Tower Con would be my first. But i do have a question, we booked the hôtel, the flights, and we went on the dicetowercon website to buy the badges...

Here's my concern, on the website i got a receipt number, and i can see that we bought the badges (2 badges). But i never received the email confirmation and the payment doesn't seem to taken off the credit card yet.

Is it normal? Will they take it just closer to the convention date?
How are we getting the actual badges? i tried to find out myself on the website when i am logged in but there's no print option.

Obviously all those questions are for people that already went to that convention or the people organizing it.

I just need to be sure that everything will be all right because for us at least, that's a lot of money and we don't really want to go there and not being able to get in.

Thank you if anyone can help.

P.S.: I did send an email to the dice tower Con website as well about this and got no answer as well. But it was yesterday so maybe they just didn't get the chance yet.

You will get the badges once you arrive to the Con and register. As for the money, it should have come out by now. Mine came out within a few minutes after purchasing the badges. Patrick or Lori Havert should reply to your inquiry though and get you resolved. They are great! We have been 5 times and it is wonderful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vampirics18 Knight18
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the information Patrick!

i will wait for their reply about the payment just to confirme everything is ok on their side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope nobody minds a minor hijack, but I'm in a similar boat as VK: this is my first con and I was wondering about how the events work.

On the Dice Tower Con page (on tabletop.events), I see a section for event registration, but most of the events are just All-Night Werewolf. My question is if the events will require pre-registration online, or if it FCFS prior to the event, in line.

I'm sure the lack of listed events at the moment has to do with it being 4 months away, but I was just wondering.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McNamara
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
The doo-dah man
badge
Where's the men's gaming forum?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Most events at DTC (I have volunteered twice) and done by signing up on a first come first serve basis. They have notebooks for events with the appropriate # of slots available, etc. Or at least that's how it was in 2016 which was the last time I went.

Off topic I know, but I see you are in Palm Beach County. Have a dedicated game group? We play quite often here in Jupiter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigmac33070 wrote:
Dave,

Most events at DTC (I have volunteered twice) and done by signing up on a first come first serve basis. They have notebooks for events with the appropriate # of slots available, etc. Or at least that's how it was in 2016 which was the last time I went.

Off topic I know, but I see you are in Palm Beach County. Have a dedicated game group? We play quite often here in Jupiter.

Good to know, thanks!

I had a group that played ever so often when I lived in the midwest, but since coming back down to FL, really nothing. To be honest though, I've only been getting back into the hobby recently. I'm down in WPB but a little hike doesn't hurt.

I'm going to try out FlamingoCon in April in Downtown WPB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
mbmbmbmbmb
Have some Geek gold new user!!!!!! Yay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slysally wrote:
Have some Geek gold new user!!!!!! Yay
Danka!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wright
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of attending Dice Tower Con too this year, would be my first 'board game' convention, but not my first convention (I'm a Brony and I religiously attend Bronycon up in Baltimore every year). Perhaps us newbies can meet up? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lionel23 wrote:
I'm thinking of attending Dice Tower Con too this year, would be my first 'board game' convention, but not my first convention (I'm a Brony and I religiously attend Bronycon up in Baltimore every year). Perhaps us newbies can meet up? whistle

While not a brony, I will also be a DTC newbie this year... if anyone wants to grab some food and a brew on Tuesday evening, I'm game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bump!

Dice Tower Con 2018: Boardgame Scheduling and Meetup List:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/238865/dice-tower-con-201...

(Thanks Patrick P.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elise Bernier-Gravel
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi!

First off, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this kind of post. I'm quite new to the board games world.

My name is Elise, I'm the Events & Marketing Manager at Luma Games (formerly known as Distribution Le Valet). We're a Canadian company based in Montreal that distributes board games across North America, as well as publish games.

We'll be attending DTC for the first time this year, as an exhibitor and we are looking for 1 person to help us man our booth and run our demo tables. Pay is $9.00/hour or we can also pay you in games we distribute

If anyone is interested, send me an email at: elise.bernier-gravel@lumamgames.ca

Thank you for your time!
Elise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Good morning,

I have a 5 day Dice Tower Con registration but am now unable to go. It states we can resell the badges, for not more than we paid for them. However, I can't figure out exactly how to do this. Is there an official "wait list" somewhere? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

All good now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thymia Games
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
It will be our first time there as well! We will be bringing a couple of our games and hope to play games with others. I would love to do a newb meet up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Gentzel
msg tools
mb
Luthien wrote:
Good morning,

I have a 5 day Dice Tower Con registration but am now unable to go. It states we can resell the badges, for not more than we paid for them. However, I can't figure out exactly how to do this. Is there an official "wait list" somewhere? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

All good now. Thanks!

I am in the same position currently. I would like to resell my badge, but I can't find information about reselling. What solution did you find, Alan?

Edit: I found someone interested in buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.