Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the discussion thread for the "MeepleCon 2018 (No Ship) Math Trade"

So what is a Math Trade"

Most trades are linear, 2 people exchange items directly. A Math Trade allows for circular or indirect trading, meaning Person A will give to Person B, who in-kind gives to Person C, all the way around until Person A gets a game.

Do I need to use Math?
No, we use an algorithm to solve for the most possible trades within the group, but no math is required on your part!

Who can participate?

In order to participate in the trade you must:

d10-1Be a registered attendee.
d10-2Accurately describe your offering.
d10-3Agree to attend the exchange, or make outside arrangements to get your game(s) to their recipients.

How do I participate?
We're using a platform called "Abecorn" to facilitate the trade. You can find it here: http://trade.abecorn.com/#/trade/5a7329e2ebd9e7003cceb148

You'll need to register to use Abecorn, but it's completely free. I recommend using the same username you do on BGG. Once there, there are lots of tutorials to help you through the process. Any other questions should be sent to me via GeekMail, or posted here.

Good Luck & Have Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just added 17 items!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bumped the date out just a bit, you've now got until March 4th to submit offers and wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I will only be there for a single day (Friday) (a) can I still participate and (b) how should I indicate that? I figured by just stating "I will only be there Friday" in the description?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miloshot wrote:
If I will only be there for a single day (Friday) (a) can I still participate and (b) how should I indicate that? I figured by just stating "I will only be there Friday" in the description?

The only reason this would be a problem is if the person giving you the game you're receiving wasn't there by Friday. Seeing as no one has listed that in their description, I'd say you're safe. You can always send a GM to the person/people that are offering games you want before adding to your wanted items.

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great! I just added a ton of items.

I see the site says "Deadline to submit offers and approve wants: March 4th, 10 PM Pacific.".

What do you mean by "approve wants"? Do we have time after the deadline to pick our wants and lock them in? I might be misunderstanding the terminology since I have not used Abecorn at all yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miloshot wrote:
Sounds great! I just added a ton of items.

I see the site says "Deadline to submit offers and approve wants: March 4th, 10 PM Pacific.".

What do you mean by "approve wants"? Do we have time after the deadline to pick our wants and lock them in? I might be misunderstanding the terminology since I have not used Abecorn at all yet.

With Abecorn, there isn't 2 separate periods for listing, then wanting like there is in the OLWLG. You simply add your items, then build your want list as new items are added. In the "make trades" tab there is an "approve" button you want to click after you're done adding items and wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McIlraith
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone,

This is my first math trade (and first con - very excited). I posted three games last night, just dipping my toes in the water. I read through the tutorials, and think I'm squared away on how this all works, but let me know if I screwed anything up!

I've also posted a copy of Gloomhaven for sale in the virtual flea market. I am happy to talk trades for it as well - I guess the math trade doesn't do a combo deal, does it? But feel free to shoot me a message if you have a reasonable package of games!

xoxo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcmischief wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is my first math trade (and first con - very excited). I posted three games last night, just dipping my toes in the water. I read through the tutorials, and think I'm squared away on how this all works, but let me know if I screwed anything up!

I've also posted a copy of Gloomhaven for sale in the virtual flea market. I am happy to talk trades for it as well - I guess the math trade doesn't do a combo deal, does it? But feel free to shoot me a message if you have a reasonable package of games!

xoxo

Welcome Mike,

Your listings in the MT look good, as long as you've matched some wants with them under the "make trades" tab, you're all set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The algorithm has run and the results have been posted: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1951821/meeplecon-2018-no-s...

Looks like we generated a bunch of trades!

Please let me know if you'd like to have an official meetup to exchange games, or you'd rather swap contact info with your partner(s) to give or receive games.

Note, if you've got a trade with "Bien", I'll be collecting his games from you as well. Basically, I collect for both Ben's

Thanks for participating, it was fun! Hopefully, we can grow it much bigger in the future.

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McIlraith
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
BentlyCash wrote:

Please let me know if you'd like to have an official meetup to exchange games, or you'd rather swap contact info with your partner(s) to give or receive games.

Note, if you've got a trade with "Bien", I'll be collecting his games from you as well. Basically, I collect for both Ben's
Ben

Would it work for everyone to do a meetup right before the con opens one day? Maybe 9:30am? That would give us all time to do the swap and get stuff back up to our rooms/cars before doors open...

Bently, For the Bien trades, will he be drop shipping to you/the event, or do we need to provide a home address?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcmischief wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:

Ben

Would it work for everyone to do a meetup right before the con opens one day? Maybe 9:30am? That would give us all time to do the swap and get stuff back up to our rooms/cars before doors open...

Bently, For the Bien trades, will he be drop shipping to you/the event, or do we need to provide a home address?

I know a few folks won't be there the entire time. At larger cons, there is usually 1 big meetup, but with only 11 of us, that may be less necessary.

Bien going to ship to me, I'll have those to give out as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Beverstock
Australia
New south Wales.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there Friday and Sunday so will have to organise to drop my stuff off on either of those days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juzzzyb wrote:
I'll be there Friday and Sunday so will have to organise to drop my stuff off on either of those days.

Based on the number of people that need to swap, I don't think it's necessary to schedule a meetup and require people to be there. Instead, swap contact info with your trade partners.

See you all in a few days.

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.