Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.all-aboardgames.com/

Note that Scott changed the URL to his website, the old link doesn't work anymore. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, you have two options when buying the game. You can just buy the basic expansion which gives you everything you need to play 18USA assuming that you already own a copy of 1817. You use the companies, tiles, and tokens from 1817 and the new map, stock market, private companies, tokens, and tiles provided by the 18USA expansion to play 18USA.

Then if you want, you can purchase a completely new set of 20 companies with printed cards instead of cut/laminated cards. You can also order those companies with colored tokens instead of the natural wood tokens. I really like the colored tokens myself, but they are 14mm instead of 1/2 inch (14mm = 0.55 inch) so they are a bit bigger than the station circles on the tiles, but they work fine and are a lot easier to identify due to the different colors.

The extra companies are not necessary to play the game since you can just use the ones from 1817. That said, I prefer the new printed cards over cut/laminated versions from 1817 (they are like the cards in 1822) as well as the colored tokens. The new companies consist of the larger railroad companies that emerged in the US in the 1800s and 1900s, some of them as recently as the 1980s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.