Subject: Lebanon & Mt. Juliet Tennessee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
We live in Lebanon and looking for other board gamers to maybe start a weekly game. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Plummer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tom

We have a local group that meets at the next level games in the goodlettesville/rivergate area on wed nights from 5-9 it’s about 20 min drive from where you are also tennessee game days is coming up in early March 8th thru 11th at the cool springs Marriott it’s a great place to meet gamers from around the area with open gaming 27/7 with game tours and demos and Nashville international table top day is coming in April let me know if you have any questions a or if your interested and I’ll get you some links to check em out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Smith

Mount Juliet
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Mount Juliet and can play weekdays. We could use one of the rooms in the library. I am thinking of playing a few solo games there just to make the hobby more visible.

There is a board game cafe in Nashville and several meet ups are organized by Meeple Mountain. Their next one is tomorrow.

"Meeple Mountain hosts the largest, and one of the longest running, Game Nights in the city of Nashville on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of every month. Started in 2014, it has grown from 10 or 15 people to more than 100 people every month (with spikes up to 140). Each month we partner with a different publisher to give away a copy of a hot new game!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some links for easy clicking:

Game Point Cafe is the board game cafe that Amy mentioned. You can find it at gamepointcafe.com.

Tennessee Game Days is March 9 -11 this year. It is at the Franklin Cool Springs Marriott. Early registration closes tomorrow, but you can also buy tickets at the door, just easier and cheaper to buy ahead. You can get more details at tngamedays.com.

The table top day that Meeple Mountain puts on is in April on International Table Top Day (April 28). They haven't announced the location yet, but the save the date announcement is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Awesome, we will try to check it out. Weeknights are hard for us, but we may try to free up an evening to join you guys.

Thanks for the other events as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
shutterbugtn wrote:
I live in Mount Juliet and can play weekdays. We could use one of the rooms in the library. I am thinking of playing a few solo games there just to make the hobby more visible.

There is a board game cafe in Nashville and several meet ups are organized by Meeple Mountain. Their next one is tomorrow.

"Meeple Mountain hosts the largest, and one of the longest running, Game Nights in the city of Nashville on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of every month. Started in 2014, it has grown from 10 or 15 people to more than 100 people every month (with spikes up to 140). Each month we partner with a different publisher to give away a copy of a hot new game!"

Thanks for the intel. We just moved to Lebanon from Mt Juliet.

Weekdays are hard for us, due to work schedules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Childs
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
new user
My wife and I live in Mt. Juliet as well and would be interested. We're also looking for people to play with in the area. Our schedule can very, depending when we can get a babysitter to watch our little ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Sounds awesome Justin. What games are you currently familiar with?
I'll shoot you an invite one weekend. We actually have a couple coming over this weekend, which will be our first time hosting a game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Childs
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
new user
We play a bunch of different things. we're good for about any style board game, what we have is Carcassonne, ticket to Ride, smallworld, Eldridge horror, Arkham horror, evolution, last night on Earth, Catan, doctor who,scythe, Ascension, flash point, pandemic, caverna, probably more that's just top of my mind. What do y'all like? We're always looking for a new game and willing to learn others too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Justin, we just recently got into board games, but have already accumulated a few games we love. We have played Scythe, my favorite by far, Terraforming Mars, Clank and Pandemic.

I also have Blood Rage, Spirit Island and Mansions of Madness, that we have not opened or played yet.

We had our first game night with some friends this past weekend and it went pretty well.

Maybe we can all meet up at a local place to meet and play a game or two to see how we all get along. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Smith

Mount Juliet
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone wants to meet up, I would love to have a get together at the MJ library. We could use a study room. It might intrigue other patrons since the room is easily visible through the glass walls.

Scythe and Terraforming Mars are great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
shutterbugtn wrote:
If anyone wants to meet up, I would love to have a get together at the MJ library. We could use a study room. It might intrigue other patrons since the room is easily visible through the glass walls.

Scythe and Terraforming Mars are great.

Do they require us to stay quiet, since it's a library? lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Smith

Mount Juliet
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a room in the back that is used by the Saturday family game group once a month. That allows us to be noisier. The study rooms with glass walls allow you to talk at a normal volume. As long as we aren’t yelling, we should be fine. We certainly can’t be louder than story time is already. I will find out more information about the use of the room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
shutterbugtn wrote:
There is a room in the back that is used by the Saturday family game group once a month. That allows us to be noisier. The study rooms with glass walls allow you to talk at a normal volume. As long as we aren’t yelling, we should be fine. We certainly can’t be louder than story time is already. I will find out more information about the use of the room.

Sounds good to me. We are good for weekend games if you want to try to arrange something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Childs
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
new user
We are good for the library, just let us know when would be good for y'all and we will try and be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
HVACpro wrote:
We are good for the library, just let us know when would be good for y'all and we will try and be there.

I am supposed to watch my grandson play basketball on saturday morning around 11. I may have a guitar practice with the church sometime that day, as I got a text last night asking me to join in. That may be on Sunday. lol

I will follow up when I know more.

Amy, what are the library hours that's available for games?

Also, if either of you wish to look me up and friend me on facebook, so we can stay in touch to schedule a game, feel free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Smith

Mount Juliet
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have an update with firm times tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay. Huge project needed to be worked on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
shutterbugtn wrote:
I will have an update with firm times tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay. Huge project needed to be worked on.

No problem. I am still trying to sort out my weekend schedule as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Smith

Mount Juliet
Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Library had pipes burst and the room for rent won’t be available until April 1st or so. We can rent for two hours in a Saturday for $25. You can rent more time if needed. That room closes at 4:45 pm on a Saturday.

The employee did tell me that they are not a research library and said that if aren’t loud, we can play at the public tables at no charge. I am going to stop in and check out the tables tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Featherstone
United States
Lebanon
Tennessee
flag msg tools
shutterbugtn wrote:
The Library had pipes burst and the room for rent won’t be available until April 1st or so. We can rent for two hours in a Saturday for $25. You can rent more time if needed. That room closes at 4:45 pm on a Saturday.

The employee did tell me that they are not a research library and said that if aren’t loud, we can play at the public tables at no charge. I am going to stop in and check out the tables tomorrow.

I didn't know we had to pay to use the library. I wonder if somewhere like Billygoat coffee would welcome us?

Also, we are going to start doing a game day or night in our home, so if anyone is interested.

Saturday, I have to be in Shelbyville at 11:30 to watch my grandson play basketball. It's about an hour away from my house, so we might not be back in Wilson county until until 1 or 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.