Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. The BGG entry suggests a 30 minute playtime. Is this about what you've found on average?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played a few times so far but, it feels quick.

Might depend on how many people are playing and use of expansion, etc.

If every player creates a mental Plan A and Plan B, a turn is very fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds about right, if everyone knows what they are doing. It sure doesn't feel much longer than that, since you are on edge with every opponent's move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I echo the sentiment here and love this game because it is very easy to throw in your bag and then teach a new player a pickup and deliver game. It was one of my favorite Kickstarter games of all of the ones that I've backed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I'll be honest though and say that I was hoping that plays regularly came in under that. I like the sound of the game but the weight:time ratio might put me off. I don't play many light games at all these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lots of information is open and there's some slight opportunities to block others/the leader - but it is definitely a quick ,light-ish game.

I scanned thru your collection, not sure of course what you may be looking for but, you might examine some videos for the following;

Fresco

Colosseum

Istanbul

kinda 'meaty', fun, 'medium-weight-ish games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
lots of information is open and there's some slight opportunities to block others/the leader - but it is definitely a quick ,light-ish game.

I scanned thru your collection, not sure of course what you may be looking for but, you might examine some videos for the following;

Fresco

Colosseum

Istanbul

kinda 'meaty', fun, 'medium-weight-ish games.

Thanks mate. Fresco is on my radar. Istanbul is lighter than I'm looking for atm. I know Dice Tower rave about Colosseum so I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it occurs to me Canal Mania has a goods movement mechanism in it and may be of interest to residents of Old Blighty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
it occurs to me Canal Mania has a goods movement mechanism in it and may be of interest to residents of Old Blighty.

Haha. You're absolutely right. I got a copy recently; only one play so far but it's a nice game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.