Hide
11 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moon clan question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mason Sokol
msg tools
Can you choose to buy a monster with no legal placement as moon clan and then place it later during a recruit step?

If so does the daimyo/stronghold let you place a guy after summoning him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say you can.

It doesn't say in the rules that you require legal placement to buy a monster.

So you buy the card, see no legal placement and then put it in your reserve till the next recruit mandate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think buying the Monster and keeping it in reserve seems reasonable.

Fukurokoju, the Daimyo Stronghold, cannot be killed by any means in the game as far as we know. This means he would always be placed during the Train phase he was purchased.

If we allow for Monsters and Lucky Gods to be held in reserve until later, he might well end up being Summoned after all. In this case, the general consensus at present is that Summoning is calculated according to number of Strongholds at the start of the Recruit Mandate, so Summoning Fukurokoju would not then permit an extra Summon with him at that point.

Addding these to the unofficial FAQ: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TLMKfsklw1P-iFh3lFB5Iii1...#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redking wrote:
Fukurokoju, the Daimyo Stronghold, cannot be killed by any means in the game as far as we know.

I believe Daikaiju can kill him. Am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
Redking wrote:
Fukurokoju, the Daimyo Stronghold, cannot be killed by any means in the game as far as we know.

He's a Daimyo, and therefore immune to monster effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eastwood
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DailyRich wrote:
afrag wrote:
Redking wrote:

Daimyo are only immune to special effects that target specific figures, not all monster effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official FAQ 1.0 Page 2:

Fukurokuju:

Q: Since he counts as a Stronghold, can Fukurokuju be killed?

A: No. Strongholds cannot be killed as a basic rule (except that the Daikaijou can destroy them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Official FAQ 1.0 Page 2:

Fukurokuju:

Q: Since he counts as a Stronghold, can Fukurokuju be killed?

A: No. Strongholds cannot be killed as a basic rule (except that the Daikaijou can destroy them).

I think that's misleading: Daikaiju does destroy strongholds, but that sentence does not necessarily clarify things for Fukurokoju who is also Daimyo. I think Fukurokoju is daimyo immune to daikaiju unless there is proof of daimyo immunity not working in this instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beastwood5 wrote:
DailyRich wrote:
afrag wrote:
Redking wrote:

Daimyo are only immune to special effects that target specific figures, not all monster effects.

Can you list which do and don't? Afaik only kami powers can specifically overrule Daimyo immunity to hostile effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redking wrote:
Beastwood5 wrote:
DailyRich wrote:
afrag wrote:
Redking wrote:

Can you list which do and don't? Afaik only kami powers can specifically overrule Daimyo immunity to hostile effects.

Again in the FAQ, I think it says that Daimyo are immune to special effects which target that figure specifically, but not effects which target a player or region.

I was going to go read it and copy the relevant bit, but figured that was your job maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the bit from the FAQ:

Daimyo: Daimyo figures (and those that count as Daimyo) are immune to any special effects that target a specific figure (Fire Dragon, Earth Dragon, Benten), but not immune to general effects that target a player (Oni of Plagues, Susanoo, Raijin, Path of the Serpent, etc.).

So in this case destroy all strongholds is not targeting a figure, so Fukurokojucan be killed by Daikaiju.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.