Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1. When playing Advanced Tactic Cards when does the damage apply? Does "Block X red damage" negate "Do X red damage"? We play it with "No", so if you have a Tie Fighter and I play a card it is immediately removed?

2. When you have a single TIE Fighter and I roll 1 damage the battle is immediately over? Same with if I play a Do 1 damage card?

3. We play a card each round. This means - We play cards, Empire rolls dice, Rebels roll dice, then we play a new round and new cards? (Assuming there is only one-theater battle)

4. How is space battle done when the rebels have only a Rebel Transport vs multiple empire ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You assign damage but units aren't removed until the combat round ends. After both players have gone. This is because the battle is simultaneous but simulated in turns. Therefore it is possible for opposing units to destroy each other simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Berbechelov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Then what does this mean:

"When using cinematic combat rules, skip the "Destroy Units" step of attacks. Instead, units are destroyed if they have damage equal to or exceeding their health at the end of that round of battle (after all units in that theater have attacked)."

I see now that it says "at the end of that round of battle". Then why is it clarified like that? What's the difference between what's written here and the "Destroy Units" step in the rule book of the main game?

Those rule books + rules reference are the worst written things I've read in my life...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
OurBG wrote:
What's the difference between what's written here and the "Destroy Units" step in the rule book of the main game?

Simplifying things a bit...

In base game:
- you attack
- enemy units destroyed*
- enemy attacks
- your units destroyed.

*they still get to attack one last time, but cannot be saved

In expansion:
- you attack
- enemy attacks
- units on both sides destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also there aren’t any ‘Block X Red damage’ cards. There are some that block the hits on dice, usually normal hits but sometimes even direct hits. That’s all they block. Not damage from cards etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
OurBG wrote:
1. When playing Advanced Tactic Cards when does the damage apply? Does "Block X red damage" negate "Do X red damage"? We play it with "No", so if you have a Tie Fighter and I play a card it is immediately removed?
Damage from cards is applied immediately. Cards don't "block" damage quite the same way they did in the base game. Instead, most "prevent" hits from dice only - they will specify either black hits, red hits, or direct hits - and negate only those exact symbols when the opponent rolls dice, before they assign damage. A few cards can "remove" damage after it has been assigned, regardless of whether that damage came from cards or dice.
OurBG wrote:
2. When you have a single TIE Fighter and I roll 1 damage the battle is immediately over? Same with if I play a Do 1 damage card?
No, unless a card says "Destroy" unit (usually followed by "it will not roll dice"), units alive at the start of the combat round will get to attack, and won't be destroyed until after both sides have rolled.
OurBG wrote:
3. We play a card each round. This means - We play cards, Empire rolls dice, Rebels roll dice, then we play a new round and new cards? (Assuming there is only one-theater battle)
Yes, unless one side is destroyed or retreats all units in that theater.
OurBG wrote:
4. How is space battle done when the rebels have only a Rebel Transport vs multiple empire ships.
You would resolve one round of space battle. Both sides play a tactics card. The Rebels have no dice to roll, so only the Empire attacks. If the transport survives, at the end of the combat round it must retreat or be automatically destroyed before the next round begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.