Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Lock 'n Load Tactical: Heroes of Normandy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mines and the people that step on them rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Okay, so if I'm understanding mines correctly they simply do a single 1-IFP+1d6 attack to any enemy units that step into their hex.

Tell me if I'm reading this right-

1.Defenders of this mine attack still get the TM of whatever hex they are moving through when they are hit. They do suffer the -1 DFT penalty for being considered moving though unless the terrain denies this such as wheat fields or brush.

2.Mines can be set up in the same position as a "friendly" unit so long as it follows all other rules of deployment. The only thing mines do is cause an extra MP to be expended when these units move into the hex.

3.Mines don't cause damage to allied units in their hex when an enemy unit that is moving into melee with those ally units triggers the mine's attack.

4.There's not really any way to clear them using normal units in such a way that they do not explode at all.

Anything I've got wrong here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last three are correct. For the first one, I can,t say. Myself, I do not apply the TM nor the -1 penalty for moving. I don't see why stepping on a mine in a forest should be any less dangerous than in clear terrain and you are always moving when attacked by a mine so why not simply incorporate it in the mine's FP? Also, Mines attack vehicle in a very simple way and I think the same should apply to legs units
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new at this, so please explain:
IFP
TM
DFT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
I'm new at this, so please explain:
IFP
TM
DFT

IFP is Inherent Firepower, so the firepower value of the unit.

TM is Terrain Modifier, so a unit fired on in woods will get a benefit for cover.

DFT is Direct Fire Table, it is a table that translates the combat process into effects on the target, such as no effect or the target going shaken or taking casualties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you for confirming those last three.

I mostly put up the first one since I didn't have any knowledge telling me I shouldn't be applying the TM bonus and the moving penalty but I can see your point of view too. The rules regarding it seem vague but you make a good argument for how to handle them.

Not a huge deal I know but thanks for laying things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.