Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I only use the first action in the list, for example if I Grapple Ichoose only to knock down a walker, or I only use the action from my survivor card that is on a white background. do I have to roll the dice or do I get this action 'for free'?

Same question if I use the special ability from someone's survivor board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kaut
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the rules is that you may choose to skip your action completely, but if you decide to take an action, i.e. knock down that walker, you have to roll the dice.

Survivor abilities do not require dice rolls, since they are no actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to roll dice for stress if you take an action if that is what you mean, you can ignore the results of the action die but why would you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No that's not quite what I mean

Take the Grapple Action as an example

The first line says

'Knock Down 1 Enemy in your space' It has no tick next to it, implying it is not dependent on a dice roll.

If I only do this on my action and don't want to 'knock down [another] enemy in my space' or 'Defeat 1 knocked Down enemy...', both of which are dependent on succesful die rolls, do I have to roll the die at all.

My point is, to just knock down 1 enemy I dont need a successful die roll so why do I need to roll the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:

The first line says

'Knock Down 1 Enemy in your space' It has no tick next to it, implying it is not dependent on a dice roll.

If I only do this on my action and don't want to 'knock down [another] enemy in my space' or 'Defeat 1 knocked Down enemy...', both of which are dependent on succesful die rolls, do I have to roll the die at all.

My point is, to just knock down 1 enemy I dont need a successful die roll so why do I need to roll the dice?

Because of the risk associated with actions if you either have stress or if any walkers are in your area. The latter would always be the case for your example, and so you need to roll the stress die/dice. You cannot elect to perform only the top part of the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kløve wrote:
PlanBee wrote:

The first line says

Because of the risk associated with actions if you either have stress or if any walkers are in your area. The latter would always be the case for your example, and so you need to roll the stress die/dice. You cannot elect to perform only the top part of the action.

I'm not sure the iconography suggests that to me but you have a point.

But what about if I use the search action, top action only, no walkers in my space? Do I still need to roll the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wyse
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:
Kløve wrote:
PlanBee wrote:

The first line says

But what about if I use the search action, top action only, no walkers in my space? Do I still need to roll the dice?

Due to the fact you may get a negative result on the stress dice, no matter what the situation is you need to roll the dice after getting the automatic outcome, otherwise that unbalances the game quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:
Kløve wrote:
PlanBee wrote:

The first line says

If you don't have any walkers in your space and don't have any stress, you wouldn't roll any stress dice, and in that case, there are no possible negative consequences. So you could forfeit any positive result in that case and not roll the action dice, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark VonKing
United States
Middletown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you have to roll the dice, it states it in the action sequence. Roll to see how many successes you get, not sure why you would not want to roll for the extra benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zodiac 26 wrote:
Yes you have to roll the dice, it states it in the action sequence. Roll to see how many successes you get, not sure why you would not want to roll for the extra benefits.

Like getting focus results.

My question is: When performing a Maneuver, it says you don't roll dice. However, my current Maneuver card has a fear result on it in the bottom section. I'm going to ignore it, I'm thinking it might be triggered by some event or other card played. Anybody encounter this situation yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Zodiac 26 wrote:

My question is: When performing a Maneuver, it says you don't roll dice. However, my current Maneuver card has a fear result on it in the bottom section. I'm going to ignore it, I'm thinking it might be triggered by some event or other card played. Anybody encounter this situation yet?

Fear results on your card are triggered by your action. Regardless of which action you took (standard or special).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
Zodiac 26 wrote:

Fear results on your card are triggered by your action. Regardless of which action you took (standard or special).

It's not an action, it's a manuever. You don't roll dice so there's no stress dice being rolled to trigger it. What am I misssing here?

Edit: nevermind. I get it. You do a maneuver AND an action on your turn. So the die roll on the action would trigger the maneuver card as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.