Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Aftermarket X-wing Supplies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I am really getting in to Star Wars X-wing and one way I would like to go is in the aftermarket area with upgraded supplies such as tokens, rulers, guides, cards, card sleeves, dice, mats and anything else one can find.

But I could use a little help, what company do you use for your aftermarket supplies for X-wing? Why do you go with that brand? Can they be used in tournament play? (they don't have to be usable in tournament play but am curious). How much is a good price for those things?

Thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran Tsangari
United Kingdom
St Austell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have aftermarket tokens and templates through Cog O'Two and Art of War Studios.

I havent had any issues using the tokens or templates in my matches (I keep my Cardboard rulers in my bag anyway) but beware that acrylic obstacles and third party bomb tokens are not allowed at tournaments (if its a local and no official kit then you could be ok, just check with the TO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you'll find Litko and Applied Perspective both good. I've bought from both. I like either for different reasons, depending on what I'm buying. As above, Cog 'O' Two is also popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My go to is Team Covenant https://teamcovenant.com/product-category/star-wars-x-wing-f.... Great products!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can someone please explain why we need a token for c3po in the game?

Is this for show? Or does it do something in battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Also you'll find Litko and Applied Perspective both good. I've bought from both. I like either for different reasons, depending on what I'm buying. As above, Cog 'O' Two is also popular.

May I ask what you bought from which store?

I am familiar both AP seems to have stuff I like more than Litko.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke DeWitt
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:

C3P0 only works once per round so using and placing a token on the play area after his one time use is just a reminder that you don't get his ability again until next round. You will see other tokens to mark other one use abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lanewalkerx wrote:
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:

C3P0 only works once per round so using and placing a token on the play area after his one time use is just a reminder that you don't get his ability again until next round. You will see other tokens to mark other one use abilities.

Ok I never knew that about that card, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Of Kirkcudbright
msg tools
Anyone know where I could get 3D asteroids? I still haven't got round to mounting those pebbles I find a couple of years ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
https://www.etsy.com/listing/498116765/3d-printed-asteroids-...

This one you have to do yourself
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2481832

But these guys seem to have the best I've seen:

http://combatzone-scenery.co.uk/Space/X-wing-Scale-Scenery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirkcudbright wrote:
Anyone know where I could get 3D asteroids? I still haven't got round to mounting those pebbles I find a couple of years ago...

Another great place is Home Depot or Lowe's Lava Rocks. It's amazing how great these things look. I was in the store and there was a large bag for about $5 USD. I asked the guy if I could take about 1/2 dozen of the loose ones on the ground. He said take them. You may want to spray them so the loose stuff doesn't get in your storage box, but these work great and are near fee. If you want you can drill a small hole in them and use your extra stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Of Kirkcudbright
msg tools
Thanks Ken,

I will find those pebbles and get that drill going. The stores you mentioned are not in my country but your intentions are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.