Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So as some of you know, I took the dive into this amazingly horrific world of KD:M and after getting to LY3 my wife and I are addicted. We are enjoying every aspect of this game, although I will admit we are still pretty slow on the settlement phases, which I know will speed up with repetition. The combat, the strategy, the brutal consequences, it all adds up to a game that is a blast to play.

I thoroughly enjoyed assembling the miniatures, and went as far as to create a custom foam core insert to reorganize the core box. I essentially want just about anything KD:M I can grab, and am EAGERLY looking forward to picking up Gorm, DBK, Dragon King, and the Flower Knight when they restock for a reasonable price ($200 for DBK is way to high for my taste) and cannot wait to experience the entire core story and showdowns.

We have already laughed about some of the events in our campaign while we weren’t even playing, as the way some of the severe injuries are written is horrific yet hilarious as the same time, most memorable thus far was my head popping right off, and my femoral artery spraying blood everywhere and dying within seconds. Just imagining this lion laying down that kind of serious brutality is awesome and quite amusing at the same time.

Well, with all that said, I just had to post to express how impressed with the game we are, and we are looking forward to picking up additional pieces as soon as (hopefully) the restock occurs.

I now know why everyone raves about this game. I am hooked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, LY3. Life is good. And then the butcher...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to hear your thoughts after your start your fifth campaign

Enjoy the Butcher and what comes after!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vaccaro
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, the monsters are more afraid of you than you are of them. I'm just kidding. They're going to eat you. It'll be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
navaccaro wrote:
Remember, the monsters are more afraid of you than you are of them. I'm just kidding. They're going to eat you. It'll be great.

They might do weird stuff with your corpse, too.
You have been warned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Gottschalk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like you, we also were really addicted after the first few lantern years and couldn't stop playing. Well, we still are addicted, but at least we settled on meeting once per week rather than twice per week like we did when the game was brand new.

We did thoroughly enjoy the Butcher fight, btw. A real challenge that had us on the edge of our seats. Don't lose hope if the odds seem impossible at first. Grit your teeth, give it your all and fight to win! It is certainly possible to win if you play smart and decisive. And have built good gear in the first few years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim de Groot
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That matches our experiences as well! Still trying to get my wife to try the game, but with my gaming buddies we had a blast as well and instantly got why people are so passionate about the game!

On our first playthough we easily got the Butcher, and then something happend that cost us lots... Won't spoil, it's amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.