Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: comprehensive rule book? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Is there a pdf available which includes updated/reworded rules for Scythe + Invaders + Wind Gambit?

Is it just best to have the three rules in separate pamphlets/books?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for a compendium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Wingate
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
+1 for a compendium
LOL after HON's compendium I want every large game with expansions to have just as nice of a book as Devil Pig put out! Carcassone, Catan, Galaxy Trucker... etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lund

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We talking a complete re-work? or you just want a nice pdf to print that has the brunt of the rules from each book? (subtracting the flavor first and last pages).

One is something I'd be interested in making myself and might do that, the other is a much bigger undertaking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a rules reference so if you prefer to "play with everything" you don't have to reference multiple booklets to make sure you understand the rules correctly.

I have considered putting a doc together for some games, but having an official combined book gives the designer/publisher a chance to check rules interactions between expansions and perhaps clarify those if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reelvideo wrote:
Nostradunwhich wrote:
+1 for a compendium
LOL after HON's compendium I want every large game with expansions to have just as nice of a book as Devil Pig put out! Carcassone, Catan, Galaxy Trucker... etc.

The HoN Compendium is a sweet book, but I would be as happy with a saddle-stitched booklet or even a PDF for Scythe... but given Stonemaier Games production quality we might well get a hardbound book with an art section.

The HoN Compendium sold well so I would suspect a nice version for Scythe would do likewise. Unfortunately, since Stonemaier does not do KS anymore, it would be a gamble they may not be willing to take.

Edit to add: Then there is the fact that the final expansion is not done yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If enough people request it on our future product request form it’s more likely to happen . https://stonemaiergames.com/about/future-printing-request-fo...

I hasten to add that I have no clue whether Jamey would make such a rulebook or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
If enough people request it on our future product request form it’s more likely to happen . https://stonemaiergames.com/about/future-printing-request-fo...

I hasten to add that I have no clue whether Jamey would make such a rulebook or not.

Seems like a decent idea. I'd suggest to have it come out a little while after Rise of Fenris releases so it can include those modules and an FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:

I should have thought of that, thanks for reminding me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.