Hide
4 Posts

Pairs» Forums » Variants

Subject: Year of Pairs 2018 February - "Fancy" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiya B
msg tools
The second of this year's twelve Pairs games is out, this time titled "Fancy"!

https://www.gametrademagazine.com/Home/1/1/58/591?articleID=...

I haven't had a chance to try it yet (or Nine Virtues for that matter), anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent either but i really like the rules on this variant, i really want to give it a shot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got Fancy to the table last night and everyone enjoyed it. On the surface it looks pretty simple but there is strategy to what you play each trick, do you undercut someone else, do you make a pair to knock someone out of making a big play, do you shed one of your low cards? Looking forward to getting in more plays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. S.
msg tools
mb
danrodz wrote:
...do you make a pair to knock someone out of making a big play...

Looking at the rules, it says that you only discard the duplicate cards played afterwards in the event of a pair. So you making a pair would only affect you, not the original card. Unless I'm missing something?

Fancy looks like a cool variant, I'm looking forward to getting it to the table. We had fun with Nine Virtues but we feel it needs 4 or more players. It fell a little bit flat at 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.