Subject: China rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Lindbekk
Norway
Sem
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just finished the Jan/feb 1917 turn. The central powers had managed to bring Japan to +10 on their side. That means Japan switches side and will have to declare war on either Russia or China. Japan then declared war on China. Question: What does this mean for China's political status? Is it now a full allied power, or does it remain where it is on the political track? According to the rules, Japan may be brought back to neutrality by the allies, and China would then revert to neutrality. I guess this means China is a full allied power, even if it is only at war with Japan, and its marker would be in the Allies active ally box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot find an EXPLICIT statement that China becomes a full member of the Entente (i.e. is at war with Germany and AH and OE in addition to Japan), nor anything saying either way what happens to its political track.

Absent anything specific, I'd treat this like other countries - attacked by one side (CP), it becomes a member of the other side (Entente), which means move its marker as you said. If it reverts to neutrality, the China marker goes back to where it began in 1914 I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Lindbekk
Norway
Sem
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, played it as you describe. I just wanted to be sure China no longer could be influenced. If China should remain on the political track, it could potentially be brougt up to +15 central powers and be aligned, while still being at war with Japan, also an ally of the central powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.