11 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: "when defending" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M V
msg tools
mbmb
So i was asking myself what does that +1 armor "when defending" means.

Lets consider 4 scenarios:

1) Hero with shield Attacks and suffers a passive reaction hit (blue gremlins deals 2 auto hits when wounded for example)

2) Active hero moves away from an area with enemies and gets an opportunity attack

3) Hero with shield is attacked from an enemy due to event card

4) inactive hero is in the same area of another hero attacking an enemy with aoe passive defence action (blue gremlin again)

In wich cases does the shield works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exik Exik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
VonDodo wrote:

1) Hero with shield Attacks and suffers a passive reaction hit (blue gremlins deals 2 auto hits when wounded for example)

2) Active hero moves away from an area with enemies and gets an opportunity attack

4) inactive hero is in the same area of another hero attacking an enemy with aoe passive defence action (blue gremlin again)

+ 1 Armor is then applied to all above situations. „When defending“ basically means when the hero performs DEF stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
Exik wrote:
VonDodo wrote:

+ 1 Armor is then applied to all above situations. „When defending“ basically means when the hero performs DEF stage.

Ty... well its a bit too easy then for shield users they almost always have 2 armor if they are standing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
VonDodo wrote:
Exik wrote:
VonDodo wrote:

Ty... well its a bit too easy then for shield users they almost always have 2 armor if they are standing.
Just play. You will regret those words...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exik Exik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
VonDodo wrote:
Exik wrote:
VonDodo wrote:

Yes, it helps a lot. But If you switch on Legendary and Highlander options (replacing all singe Enemy Shadows with Champion Enemy and no resurrection during the quest) the game is hard enough. Especially if you don’t play with Ecarus/Thorgar/Kroghan (all law).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
RezardVareth wrote:
VonDodo wrote:
Exik wrote:
VonDodo wrote:

Just play. You will regret those words...

Afraid to say it but i actually play since a lot.
I just had a doubt Yesterday when a friend asked to start a campaign that i have missed the rule....

It IS too easy with anything able to wear a shield at least until you meet an Orc Shaman.

Exik wrote:
Especially if you don’t play with Ecarus/Thorgar/Kroghan (all law).

And Samyria... the sacrificial bear (how i call it) makes it almost as easy as with the Others and you also get a shield... if you also get the Thor Hammer its a cake walk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exik Exik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Quote:
And Samyria... the sacrificial bear (how i call it) makes it almost as easy as with the Others and you also get a shield... if you also get the Thor Hammer its a cake walk...

You probably mean Samyria Shaman, correct? I have been playing just law heroes so far .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Are you playing where enemies get powers for killing your sacrificial bear? Or do you mean bear form? Are you remembering to drop all her equipment when she shifts to bear? And shifting back to human (putting bear form in CD) when there are no enemies around? Also how do you tank multiple hits that drain your magic shields?

Are you remembering to activate all the abilities on all of the enemies - particularly the ones with charges (aimed shot, berserk)? Are you giving hordes +1H for each enemy in the horde?

Shield will get you through Quests 1 and 2, but past that, you start running into stuff with armor piercing or high base damage. There are a lot of really powerful things in the game, but if you think having 2 armor by itself makes the game too easy, you are probably cheating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin h
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Hey rezard,

im new to the site, and S&S, but i see you posting a lot in these S&S forums. i've been reading through various threads trying to learn the nuances of the game (as there are SO many rules) but i see you mention the following in a few places:

"Are you remembering to activate all the abilities on all of the enemies - particularly the ones with charges (aimed shot, berserk)?"

I've only played through the prologue twice, but i haven't needed to activate any charged abilities because i simply haven't needed to go down that far in the behavior list, or i haven't drawn the appropriate encounter or enemy power card - am i playing correctly?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
If it's the prologue that's fine. Over the course of the game, it's generally not that likely that you'll never see the charge abilities.

In theBprologue the triggers to remember are
Spoiler (click to reveal)
-1H for night, quickness on the boss, and the avoid action on the raiders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VonDodo wrote:
Exik wrote:
VonDodo wrote:

The trick is the "When they are standing" part. Lots of easily triggered KO effects in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.