Hide
19 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Do anyone have any update about expansion sets?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr.Sunti Angkanasopit
msg tools

I 've back all old and new expansions at Backerkit on Black Friday.
Its said estimate delivery at December 2017.
But 'til now still no update yet.
Do anyone have any update about expansion sets??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Current guess is that we'll hear something about the old expansions on valentine's day (as Poots has a thing for such dates).

But as a backer of the Kickstarter I haven't paid for shipping the expansions yet. As long as we don't need to pay for shipping yet, we know they're not being send.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think we should be hearing something very soon. However, if you pre-ordered on Black Friday, your delivery is going to be after kickstarter backers and late backers, so you probably still have some time to wait (was about an extra month for core game iirc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an officially announced 3-months delay (announced during the KS2 campaign), so Wave 2 is actually due shipping Q1 2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there was bad news about a further delay, I feel like it would have been communicated. Since it hasn't, I expect he'll open up shipping payment on Valentine's and it'll ship that month.

Here's hoping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
If there was bad news about a further delay, I feel like it would have been communicated. Since it hasn't, I expect he'll open up shipping payment on Valentine's and it'll ship that month.

Here's hoping!

Second this one. Poots likes arbitrary fancy calendar dates. I fully expect the Pledge Manager will open silently like 2 days before Valentine's Day just so people can pay their shipping fees, there will be a cry heard throughout the KS and internet, then on Valentine's Day he'll announce shipping is starting shortly.

He has already announced that Asia will be getting their expansions first[1] (zzzzzz...) so add a few weeks to any estimate because now "Rest of World" is everyone who isn't Asia.

[1] https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
As for those new expansions - you're looking at sometime in 2020.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

He has already announced that Asia will be getting their expansions first[1] (zzzzzz...) so add a few weeks to any estimate because now "Rest of World" is everyone who isn't Asia.

If people print in China, it makes sense for Asia to get theirs first rather than paying to store stuff in a warehouse so everyone gets theirs at (close) to the same time. Same thing happens when people print in the US or Europe: whoever's closest to the printers gets their stuff first.

Now, there -are- publishers who stick to everyone releasing close to the same time, but they tend to be courting/working with distributors and retailers too, and trying to keep them on even footing with one another (KS backers might get theirs first, but partly that's a backer perk, and partly that's to use backers to drum up free hype for the retail copies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:
If people print in China, it makes sense for Asia to get theirs first rather than paying to store stuff in a warehouse so everyone gets theirs at (close) to the same time. Same thing happens when people print in the US or Europe: whoever's closest to the printers gets their stuff first.

That's the theory. The 1.5 base games saw the Asian shipping partner mess up really badly in an unimaginable number of ways (like not being able to print non-ASCII characters for addresses) and thus Asian backers got theirs months after everybody else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:

It would actually make sense to ship the first batch to the furthest destination. That way delivery will be spread out over a shorter time period instead of a longer one.

That means that for short production runs (shorter than the longest shipping), people close to the production site get their stuff earlier. While for long production runs people further away will get their stuff earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OTOH, it's cheaper and faster to deal with closer stuff, so, if you're worried about errors, they're a good early run...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoxe
msg tools
I've had worse.
badge
It's just a flesh wound.
mbmbmbmbmb
The4thJawa wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:

It would actually make sense to ship the first batch to the furthest destination. That way delivery will be spread out over a shorter time period instead of a longer one.

That means that for short production runs (shorter than the longest shipping), people close to the production site get their stuff earlier. While for long production runs people further away will get their stuff earlier.

I don't fault anyone's logic, but read the link that BG.EXE posted before we continue to nerd out about global shipping and distribution strategies. It's got nothing to do with logistics, time, or shipping distances. Wave 2 shipping order is an apology from Poots. End of story.

Here's a copypasta:
Quote:

Backers in Asia.
I owe you guys a huge apology. The onboarding process + time it's taken to move the rewards from the factory in China to the shipping location in Hong Kong has been insane. Ironically, our shipping partner has done a great job shipping out the expansions from our last kickstarter! I don’t have any excuses and I certainly will own up to it. I am just utterly baffled.

Next wave, I will ensure that your inventory leaves the factory first and I will bump up (whenever possible) the shipping service at no additional cost to backers with shipping addresses in the Asia region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Ainsworth
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI Next official update has been confirmed on twitter for Valentine's Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EnixDaOne wrote:
FYI Next official update has been confirmed on twitter for Valentine's Day.

I feel like maybe that news deserves a new thread. cool

Normally I hate the whole "we are going to announce the date for the teaser trailer that will announce the date for the full trailer soon!" PR tactic, but any info from Poots is like manna from heaven. LOL. And we know his penchant for holiday sales/events/merch.

For the Twitter-illiterate (like myself), Poots posted this as a reply to someone else. So it doesn't show up on his main Tweet page automatically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent McClard

California
msg tools
mb
I also ordered all of those, and I have yet to receive anything.

Did other people that ordered the Current Expansion Bundle on Black Friday 2017 actually receive the expansions?

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keyton Benson
msg tools
I have not, and the email update from KD:M said if we haven't to contact support and let them know your situation so it can be manually handled.

http://www.kingdomdeath.com/support/

I've yet to heard anything back, but I sent the email at 1 AM this morning so it would be surprising if I did. Make a ticket and let them know you haven't gotten any update on your Black Friday order of Expansions of Death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent McClard

California
msg tools
mb
zialum wrote:
I have not, and the email update from KD:M said if we haven't to contact support and let them know your situation so it can be manually handled.

I've yet to heard anything back, but I sent the email at 1 AM this morning so it would be surprising if I did. Make a ticket and let them know you haven't gotten any update on your Black Friday order of Expansions of Death.

Yeah, I went ahead and did that.

I am hoping the Black Friday additions are just going last.

If I hear anything I will let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guuurt wrote:
I also ordered all of those, and I have yet to receive anything.

Did other people that ordered the Current Expansion Bundle on Black Friday 2017 actually receive the expansions?

thanks...

Yes, email them.
I received my expansions almost 2 months ago.
(black friday purchase - not a kickstarter backer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Shaw
United Kingdom
Chepstow
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guuurt wrote:
zialum wrote:

Yeah, I went ahead and did that.

I am hoping the Black Friday additions are just going last.

If I hear anything I will let you know.

I'm in the same position. Ordered on Black Friday complete bundle and same status on backerkit.

I submitted a ticket yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.