Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Gotti
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I whant to buy one of these games,

but i don't know which game to take, we are almost 3 player and the

game shouldn't take longer than 3 hours.

which would you recommend ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure. Personally, I like Wildcatters more. The guy in our group who bought it since in his opinion he would not play the game with less than four players as the interaction drops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frantisek Anderle
Czech Republic
Prague
NA
flag msg tools
Euro
badge
I would recommend both
You should be able to finish both games in cca 2,5 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
eva01iastate wrote:
I am not sure. Personally, I like Wildcatters more. The guy in our group who bought it since in his opinion he would not play the game with less than four players as the interaction drops.

My three player game of this was the one with the least interaction and negotiation. I want to try it with two, but I don't see how that would not just be devoid of negotiation and interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'd go with Brass regardless of player count, although Wildcatters gives Brass a run for its money at 4 player. Less than 4 players, definitely Brass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would favor Brass, but you should seriously look at Age of industry instead. More opportunity for expansion maps, which have been great.

Brass is just hot right now because of Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
I would favor Brass, but you should seriously look at Age of industry instead. More opportunity for expansion maps, which have been great.

Brass is just hot right now because of Kickstarter.

I've played Wildcatters at all player counts and it shines at 4 players and can work at other counts, but not as interactive as has been noted. The 4-player game will go 3 hours plus, though.

I agree with Neil on Age of Industry which works across all player counts owing to the variety of maps available, including some PnP. It can easily be finished in under 3 hours, no matter the player count. Brass is a great game as well with some non-thematic rules that are needed to make the game work as well as it does. Doesn't bother me, but it might bother some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tolman
United States
Ft. Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my group, Wildcatters seems to produce far more AP than Brass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.