First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet» Forums » General

Subject: Campaigns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the rulebook states that the first campaign "Labyrinth of the Night" should be played first.
Now don't get me wrong, the description on the front of Labyrinths sounds good. But "Welcome to Mars" sounds alot more interesting to me. That, and it's legacy. I absolutely love the idea of a legacy game.

So what I'm asking is: is it really necessary to play Labyrinth first, or is it just a suggestion?

Thank you in advance,

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to get more acquainted with the game and with the rules - so you don't mess up something in the legacy one, I would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are REALLY keen on enjoying Welcome to Mars... Play Labyrinth first. You are going to mess up some of the campaign rules. Better to have it all sorted out so you enjoy Welcome even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign 1 is excellent so far, you know what they say about books and their covers!

I have just completed mission 3 of campaign 1 and was absolutely blown away by it - one of my best gaming experiences ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gribbon wrote:
Campaign 1 is excellent so far, you know what they say about books and their covers!

Good point!

Yeah, I suppose I should make sure I have learned the campaign mechanics before proceeding.
Well, as I said, the first campaign does sound interesting. So nothing lost by playing it first. probably the opposite.

Thank you all for your advice.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hultquist
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am just about to start mission 2 of campaign 1. I used the app for “saving” my game, but am I correct in the setup that all Rio. Opponents are removed between games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vidar42 wrote:
I am just about to start mission 2 of campaign 1. I used the app for “saving” my game, but am I correct in the setup that all Rio. Opponents are removed between games?

Hi Shane - I assume an auto correct error? What should it have said?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.