Anders Bek
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. When you move from the starting position (the trade post on the starting tile) to the first intersection (i.e. the corners of the starting tile), are you moving over land or along the river?
I'm wondering because if moving from the trading post to the first corner is considered to be moving over land, then a player with a horse should be able to move one more step OVER LAND. A player without a horse should not be able to move any further, not even along the river (since the first movement was considered to be over land).
But if the first movement is considered to be along the river, you cannot move one more step over land with a horse, since you are not allowed to mix different ways of moving. However, you would be able to move one more step along the river.
So, which is it - over land, or along the river?

2. The spring tile show that you should place several gold tokens on it. The colour of the circles on the tile seems to indicate mountain gold tokens, but since the tile is a spring tile, river gold would make more sense. However, there also seems to be some mountain terrain around the spring. So - mountain or river gold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I treat crossing the ford as river movement, as is crossing a river with a canoe. So all players can move a 2nd space upriver, or a 3rd space upriver with a canoe. If you have a horse you can still move a 2nd space away from the river. The horse allows you to always move 2 spaces, regardless whether both, one, or none of those are land moves. You just can’t combine horse and canoe to move 3 spaces where one or more of those are land moves.

The spring is 7 mountain gold. You need to build a mine to get it. It’s the source of all that river gold you’ve been panning for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Goslar
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan's interpretation is how we always played it.

But as always, if you don't like it, change the rule, it is your game to have fun with.

The 7 are indeed mountain gold, imagine a spring up high in the mountains. Sadly not gradient tile between river and spring was provided (taking note here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.