Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the videos, it seems to be a four player or nothing game.

If there are 3 players, how does that work? Is one player supposed to play 2 parts?

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know the role assignment by heart, but it's defined in the rulebook...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kudirka
United States
Sewickley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook section 5.1

3 Players

One of the players controls both the First Officer and the Navigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is designed to officially accommodate either 1, 2, 3, or 4 players.
And as with just about any game which accommodates all player counts, it will likely be "most fun" at four players. But having four players is not necessary by any means to have fun with the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sauer
Australia
Whyalla Jenkins
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Heavy Euro Power
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah it's been stated a few times in videos and on BGG etc that this game will be 1-4 players. You can tone down the difficulty as well for certain roles so if you are doing multiple roles you can make one of them easier to help you cope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, you got way faster than me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland D
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to play with more than 4 ? Dividing tasks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are not planning to expand the game to accommodate 5 players, at least not at this stage of development

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me why when playing 3 players one person has to control the First Officer and the Navigator?

From what i have seen, those are the two roles with the most to do? Surely in a 3 player game one person should control the Captain and Engineering?

Also in a 2 player game should it not be 1 player is Captain and First Officer and the other is Navigation and Engineering?

I haven't played the game myself, these are just my observations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HuntersMoon wrote:
Can anyone tell me why when playing 3 players one person has to control the First Officer and the Navigator?

From what i have seen, those are the two roles with the most to do? Surely in a 3 player game one person should control the Captain and Engineering?

Also in a 2 player game should it not be 1 player is Captain and First Officer and the other is Navigation and Engineering?

I haven't played the game myself, these are just my observations

I think in general you can distribute the roles in the 3 player case how you like it, and it may be more relevant if the player taken u 2 roles has any interest in them.

I guess the reason behind the given suggestion is, that much of the stuff the first officers enters and receives from the app in terms of data is about navigation details, targets etc which the navigator either provides or needs to factor in. Therefore the combination of these two roles seems intuitive. The other reason might be, that combining the captain role with any other will reduce the "command hierarchy" between the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.