Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the Goldmine card (3 Fame side) is too powerful.

Its the only card that offers 3 Fame every round (most cards offer 1) so the player who manages to hold on to this card for the most part of the game usually wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mulan Wong
Taiwan
Zhonghe District
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
The mushroom of course.
badge
One side of what?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Goldmine too powerful?
GeoMan (#32074),
If my memory serves me correctly... It is balanced by the fact that its defence is minus one so that others can get it off you more easily and the person stuck with it at the end of the game do not get any points for their army under the mines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulan (#32780),

I have to clarify that i am talking about the 2 player game where control of the lands is about even between the two players.

With just 2 players the whole game is a constant battle for control of the Goldmine. If you leave it to your opponent he will get around 50-60 Fame from it by the end of the game.

Meanwhile you will get around 20 Fame from any other land + the Defending Army (usually 10 - 15 Fame).

The Goldmine penalties are not enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan (#33039),

If the 3 Fame side is problematic, use the 2 Fame side. Just that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.