Heaven & Ale» Forums » General

Subject: 12-17 shed strong enough? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hendrix

St Louis
Missouri
msg tools
For the 12-17 shed surround space, you can only move the brewmaster one space, down from 3 on the 8-11 space. MvM pointed out that they thought the 12-17 space was inherently weaker than all of the others due to this and the fact that it only activated two opposing field tiles.

Has anyone else found this the case? Is it a problem enough that you increased the brewmaster gain to 2 like MvM suggested or does it seem balanced the way it is.

And I understand strategy could be "don't get 12-17 value fields" but that strategy seems like an anti-fun work around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
2 plays here

My first thought was the same. And then I figured that 12-17 was the easiest range to hit, so it might make sense that the designers made it weaker on purpose: if you want better, you need to make harder sacrifices.

But yeah, overall I’m frustrated that it only moves the brewer once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
12-17 is the easiest shed to get. Its rewards should be weaker to encourage planning rather than scattershot tile placements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree that it should be weaker. Rewarding judicious and scatter shot placement of tiles equally takes away decisions from the game. If your rewarded equally regardless, then who cares? An interesting consideration is removed from the game, which weakens the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wavedog98 wrote:
Agree that it should be weaker. Rewarding judicious and scatter shot placement of tiles equally takes away decisions from the game. If your rewarded equally regardless, then who cares?
Those who want to activate three better tiles rather than two.

+2 brewmaster wouldn’t seem stupid to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
wavedog98 wrote:
Agree that it should be weaker. Rewarding judicious and scatter shot placement of tiles equally takes away decisions from the game. If your rewarded equally regardless, then who cares?
Those who want to activate three better tiles rather than two.

+2 brewmaster wouldn’t seem stupid to me.

It doesn't seem stupid, it seems unnecessary.

What problem does changing the 12-17 tile to +2 brewmaster fix?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sometimes you just need and want to activate two tiles or to place your good tiles on diametrically opposed slots but have to cope with the bad brewmaster gain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
And that tension is what makes it a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hate that I always seem to run out of money in this game. I think I’m going to house rule that I can take a 10 from the bank anytime I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.