Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
get off of the computer.
badge
play the games you have.
mbmbmb
Played my first session last night, was cool. Had a couple questions:

1) Are rest actions triggered from items (say, War Paint in this example) at the start of the map action phase, or any time during it? The wording in the rulebook made it seem like it happened right away, but that led me to my next questions...

2) Positive status effects go away when you rest too, right? So if I've become blessed, then I rest, I lose blessed. Right?

3) If both of the above are true (they may not be), how does War Paint work? Wouldn't I use it at the start of the phase, become blessed / whatever the other buff was, and then lose it?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1. Rest actions from items can be used like any other rest action - so you may choose to use them or not during your turn if you are resting during the map action phase, after resolving recovery.

2. Yes, all status conditions go away after rolling for recovery, except those that were gained as a result of recovery (unless you're in a metaphysical space). So, if you become Demoralized due to failing a Recovery roll for example, you are probably stuck with that until the next time you rest (and it may negatively impact your recovery next time because your MRL is lowered).

3. you would recover, losing status conditions, then you would use the warpaint & be blessed & exalted until the next rest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
get off of the computer.
badge
play the games you have.
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. Re-reading that portion of the rules, it makes sense now. It just wasn't clicking for me last night that recovery / invest / etc. (the default rest actions) are all considered 'rest actions' and that those gained from items are as well.

So essentially, recovery is always first, then you can do the other rest actions in any order.

Clears everything up. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.