Hide
9 Posts

Twilight Imperium: Fourth Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Public Objective Spend Influence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Connolly
msg tools
Can the public objective of spending 8, or later 16 influence, be achieved during the agenda phase or does the influence need to be spent during the tactical phase. It just feels a little to easy when theirs no risk to spending influence during that phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The objective is to spend influence *as you claim the objective.* Not as some other action at some other point in the round.

Dittos for the spending resources objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
In essence, you are buying the objectives for influence or resources, respectively. You do not get rewarded for having spent it elsewhere.

For the stage 2 objectives, these encourage conflict as the most effective way to prevent someone from scoring them is to take away some of their planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Connolly
msg tools
Ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is save trade goods and spend them as you claim...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Connolly
msg tools
New question on public objectives in general that came up over the weekend. Do you have to complete the objective in the same turn in which you score it? I.E. In one turn I both spend 8 influence on to get the one public objective but then I'm also able to move ships to two adjacent spaces to Mecatol REX. When status phase begins I score the two adjacent ships objective. Do I need to spend influence again on the next turn for that objective or does it remain completed and I only need wait for the next status phase to score it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Martin
msg tools
RKon27 wrote:
New question on public objectives in general that came up over the weekend. Do you have to complete the objective in the same turn in which you score it? I.E. In one turn I both spend 8 influence on to get the one public objective but then I'm also able to move ships to two adjacent spaces to Mecatol REX. When status phase begins I score the two adjacent ships objective. Do I need to spend influence again on the next turn for that objective or does it remain completed and I only need wait for the next status phase to score it.

When it says "Spend 8 influence" it means you have to spend the 8 influence during the "score objectives" section of the Status Phase. You can't spend the influence during your regular turns.

You need to finish your entire round with 8 influence in order to score that objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin LaFleur
Canada
flag msg tools
RKon27 wrote:
It just feels a little to easy when theirs no risk to spending influence during that phase.

It's interesting that you say there's no risk to scoring this objective. Sure, there's no risk once you're in the Status phase, but you had you save up those influence, which meant not using much of your influence, and possibly some of your resources during that game round, which can carry quite a good deal of risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
aegiscruiser wrote:
RKon27 wrote:
It just feels a little to easy when theirs no risk to spending influence during that phase.

It's interesting that you say there's no risk to scoring this objective. Sure, there's no risk once you're in the Status phase, but you had you save up those influence, which meant not using much of your influence, and possibly some of your resources during that game round, which can carry quite a good deal of risk.

I think his comment of "no risk" stemmed from his misunderstanding of how the objective works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.