Hide
11 Posts

Fantasy Defense» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question: drawing cards ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Purkiss
msg tools
When drawing cards if the deck runs out does it get reshuffled at any point or do you just need to survive with what you have for the rest of the game (it says this round in the book)

Also does the game end as soon as every enemy in play is discarded? as I did that in one game before the boss arrived (put 2 back on top the deck and then defeated all the remaining enemies. Is a bit odd not needing to fight the boss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Leuven
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just need to survive I guess ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
Played it a few times without the expansion using the human deck, is it normal to win before the boss arrives? - seems a bit easy to me, maybe it's harder with the elves faction.

Also is there a hand limit? as you start with 5 cards and end up with 7 cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oester
msg tools
lylith82 wrote:
When drawing cards if the deck runs out does it get reshuffled at any point or do you just need to survive with what you have for the rest of the game (it says this round in the book)

You are limited to the cards you have in your army and once you've drawn them all then you must make do with whatever cards you already have in your hand or that you've already deployed.

lylith82 wrote:
Also does the game end as soon as every enemy in play is discarded? as I did that in one game before the boss arrived (put 2 back on top the deck and then defeated all the remaining enemies. Is a bit odd not needing to fight the boss

The game ends once you've killed all the enemies and they are in the enemy discard pile. If you have a defender card that puts the current enemy back on top of the enemy deck then that enemy has not been killed yet. You've simply delayed they're arrival to the next round.

If you are ending the game without fighting and killing each and every enemy then you are doing some of the rules incorrectly.

lylith82 wrote:
Also is there a hand limit? as you start with 5 cards and end up with 7 cards

The max you'll have in your hand is 7 cards. You start the first round with five cards and you must use all but 2 cards each round. (You could use all cards each round if you wanted.)

So if, in any round, you kept 2 cards in your hand then you'll end up with 7 total once you start the next round and take 5 more from your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
Thanks for the reply, makes a lot more sense now, was a bit concerned the game was too easy, glad that it isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oester
msg tools
The base game is pretty straightforward but the difficulty really ramps up in the stone king expansion. It definitely feels like an integral part of the game experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
Another question: with the event cards do you get them in addition to the 3 enemy cards or as well as, in order words if I draw 2 enemies followed by 1 event do I get a 3rd enemy as well?

Is a nice game, seems a bit on the easy side of things, might get harder in chapter 3 onwards I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nice Game Shop
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great responses! Players must defeat all enemies to win.

Event cards do not count towards the enemy draw. So if you draw 2 enemies followed by 1 event, you must draw another enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
Thanks for the replies, will hopefully make the game a bit more challenging, is a fun game though. The expansion seems essientail to me, isn't that much to the game otherwise beyond a few plays.

Will probably play through from the beginning again to check I did it correctly, Sylvion probably a better tower defense solo game for me but Fantasy Defense is still fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
In chapter 3 can you only use the catapults to add +3/+4 to a wall that already has a defense value of 2 or 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweet Lemon
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lylith82 wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
In chapter 3 can you only use the catapults to add +3/+4 to a wall that already has a defense value of 2 or 1?

No, it can be used wherever you want!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.