Thumb up
1 Posts

Wings Over France» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First time playing: Dawn Patrol rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
flag msg tools
A few days ago my copy of Wings Over France arrived in the mail and today I finally had a chance of trying it out, after reading the rules yesterday.

I started a campaign with Flight A, so I had to do the Dawn Patrol the first day. I chose two pilots:Clive and Ben (A3 and A4). The day started overcast, and it seemed it was going to get worse...

Right after taking off, Clive had engine trouble and had to land. Fortunately, neither him nor the plane suffered damage... Ben continued alone, determined to finish the mission. He climbed to 10000ft and headed east to cross the lines. The bad weather made it impossible for the enemy on the ground to see him, so he crossed the lines with no problems.

Once on the other side, he went down to 1000ft so that Archie couldn't fire at him, and started surveying the area. During the flight north, machine guns fired at the plane 4-5 times, but with no luck. Also there were 2 encounters with enemy planes that were too high inside the clouds to see him, so he managed to survey the maximum terrain before heading home.

On the flight back, Ben suffered engine trouble, but not as serious as Clive's, and he managed to limp back to the base without further trouble, getting the maximum 40 vps. A good start

My first impression of the game is a good one. It's a good solo experience, with a lot of tension even though in this first mission, I didn't have the chance of playing a dog fight (thanks to the cloudy weather). So I'm looking forward to the next missions to see how the system works

I'm happy with my purchase

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.