Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Bross
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card states that your Daimyo get +3 force. Does this mean that your basic Daimyo now becomes a force of 4 (base of 1 plus the 3 from the card) or does it mean that the Daimyo is now a 3 force, total? My interpretation was because it specifically says “+3 force” it’s added to the initial value of it. This would also apply to a monster that counts as a Daimyo, as well, right? So a 2 force monster that’s considered a Daimyo, while coupled with Path of the Dragon would become a 5 force figure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McNamee
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
It means your Daimyo has 3 extra force, on top of whatever force it has already.

There's another card called "Path of the lion": "Your Daimyo has +1 force". If this meant your Daimyo was now 1 force "total", the card would do literally nothing. I believe it's worded this way so that the cards can stack. By getting both of these cards, your Daimyo would be worth a total of 5 force.

I believe this bonus also applies to any monster that counts as a Daimyo. So, you could eventually make the Yurei into a 6 force monster. That's just my interpretation of the rules, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fandango wrote:
It means your Daimyo has 3 extra force, on top of whatever force it has already.

There's another card called "Path of the lion": "Your Daimyo has +1 force". If this meant your Daimyo was now 1 force "total", the card would do literally nothing. I believe it's worded this way so that the cards can stack. By getting both of these cards, your Daimyo would be worth a total of 5 force.

I believe this bonus also applies to any monster that counts as a Daimyo. So, you could eventually make the Yurei into a 6 force monster. That's just my interpretation of the rules, though.

All correct as far as I can see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle Wow! Super Daimyo! It must be Toshiro Mifune!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.