Subject: Mazu's Dreadful Curse 2nd Tide Bosun upgrade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to ask this in the Season One Upgrade Kit forum, but guess this forum would be more active, so now I try to ask it here.

This Bosun upgrade seems really powerful.

Card reads:

'When this model is KO'ed, Push all enemy heroes up to 1 zone'

So everytime a bosun gets KO'ed you can push all enemy heroes 1 zone and probably be able to knock them overboard?

Is there a misprint somewhere or is it just real powerful on purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Sönmez
Germany
Aachen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is super powerful.. when playing against the chinese, make sure your opponent doesnt get this upgrade, or youre in trouble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Just remember though it's also one of the only Bosun upgrades that you don't have much direct control over. It's reliant on your opponent triggering it. Yeah you can force it, but its more a deterrent than anything else. Seems real strong on paper but having played primarily against Mazu it doesn't scare me much once you know how to deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe you are right and it just sounds more OP on paper.

How do you play it, if 2 bosuns gets KO'ed in the same action. Can you push all heroes 2 times then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Tremblay
msg tools
mb
Yes, it would trigger each time a Bosun is KO'd.

And also, if you know your Mazu player really wants that Upgrade, then you know where they're going to go... So punish them for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Mazu vs. Wellsport last night and got the bosun upgrade pretty early.

It actually works best as a meta thing, where my opponent suddenly had to make sub-optimal moves to avoid killing my bosuns too much.

Also found that pushing heroes overboard is not the strong part (they just respawn at one of the deployment zones, where they were normally hiding anyway). The strong part is pushing them out of the safety from a handful of deckhands and then let your own heroes have a blast at them.

Guess if you really get all the pushing going on with the Mazu, its one of the more annoying factions to face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tonino
msg tools
mbmb
Just played against them for the first time, I honestly had no idea how to attack their objectives. There was always a bosun on it so any hero got to hit the objective once before being pushed overboard. And ofcourse all other heroes as well...

Really doesn't seem in line with other bosun abilities at all.. how do you deal with this? I don't see an huge weakness on their faction that warrants OP bosuns. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.