Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
Rod of the Viper
"For your combat check, reveal this card to use Strength or Melee skill...

Display this card. While display add 1d12 and the Poison trait to your combat check..."

Q1. Can a character reveal this card to use the weapon for combat (1d8+2) and then also display it to add d12 Poison trait again the same monster in an encounter?

Q2. Can a character use an attack spell and also display the Rod of the viper (add d12) to the spell attack?

Transmogrify
When a character at your location encounters a monster, display this card next to that monster. While displayed, the difficulty of checks to defeat that monster is decreased by ...

Q1. Can I play both an attack spell and display Transmogrify spell for my own encounter? I don't think I can play 2 spells in one encounter but I would like to confirm. If I do choose to use Transmogrify spell, then I can use my melee attack right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rod of the Viper
Q1. Off the top of my head, I’d say No. I’m on my phone and haven’t time to make an airtight case, but I see this as two instances of playing a weaponon the same check, and you are only allowed one. A recent paizo, com forum thread confirmed that tge factyou are using the same weapon card twice doesn’t change the fact that you are playing two weapon instances.

Q2. Yes. This is fine.

Transmogrify
Q1 Actually this is fine. The rule is you can only use 1 card of each type on each step or check of the encounter. Transmogrify is played during the when-encountering step. You can play another spell later in the attempt the check step. Using Transmogrify’s power when attempting the check is not playing Transmogrify. ( Note though you cannot use Mythic powers on the Transmogrify roll, because it is not a check - you do not even get a bonus for having mythic charges)

FYI for the best rules help post in the paizo.com forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.