8 Posts

Nemesis» Forums » General

Subject: Vote for a character round 4: Guardian/Bounty Hunter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably the one I'm the most excited for.

I'm having a hard time picking between 3 and 6. They look incredible.

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/nemesis-bo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys from Poland sure love their cigarettes, though.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 all the way, he’s perfect and love the dog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure the dog is going to win out, but I'd love for it to be the Sikh. It seems the perfect intersection of scifi. A religion based in karmic rebirth, bounty hunter, space ships and alien monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 will win but I love the sikh just because I've never seen one in a sci-fi setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game should not have anime-inspired super-sentai heroes with inscrutable full-face VR helms, obvious cybernetic enhancements, and (FFS) melee weapons which scream "samurais fuck yeah".

That kind of visual **** is completely counter to the driving theme of the game and the supposed vulnerability of the player characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping the Sikh with the dog takes this one, but I won't be upset if we get #7.

I want them to come up with a space pirate game and use #8 for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mlai00 wrote:
This game should not have anime-inspired super-sentai heroes with inscrutable full-face VR helms, obvious cybernetic enhancements, and (FFS) melee weapons which scream "samurais fuck yeah".

That kind of visual **** is completely counter to the driving theme of the game and the supposed vulnerability of the player characters.

A sword doesn't equal "samurai". Also, how is it anime? and helmets in space make 100% sense. I guess the night club medic outfit isn't "completely counter" to the vibe of the game aimirite?

I guess we'll throw Fido in the game, because a dog barking totally isn't going to invite intruders, or the dog's smell certainly isn't going to be tracked by creatures who probably have a sharp sense of smell too.

and I'm so sure a dog could hurt an intruder when 20 bullets probably won't kill the things, thematically a dog makes no sense unless it was one lost alien in a forest with a group of many dogs/humans giving chase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.