Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be teaching Arkham at a small convention in a few weeks. I have decks built for Akachi, Yorick, Rex, and Zoey, each with 9xp of cards included. I plan on running through Rougarou on Standard (I may lower this to Easy depending on how a play test goes).

For every game at the con, the winner earns a raffle ticket. I want to think of a better way of awarding my ticket than just randomly. Has anyone come up with a way of determining a "winner"? I was thinking of scoring certain actions -- one point for each damage you do, one for each clue found, two for committing a card to someone else's test, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the game I might ask the players to decide who should get the ticket as the most outstanding player. Solicit or announce two possible winners and each player gets one vote, with you voting in case of a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So are you comparing between teams or individual investigators within a team?

If you give bonus points to people who find clues, that will give a strong advantage to some investigators and not others. Plus its a coop, so if not everyone is on the same page, it might lead to the downfall of the team (i.e. I'm gonna go hunt for that extra clue while you gets do that thing).

If you're comparing between games and not investigators then I guess it's fine. You could probably concoct some metric such as

+1 point per clue held
-0.5 per damage or horror taken
-2 points per investigator that takes a trauma
-1 point per round taken (or -1 round per agenda advanced)
+3 point per act completed
+X point depending on the ending achieved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Award everyone 1 - 5 points in four categories - Power (Clues + Damage, mainly), Problem Solving, Teamwork, and Role Playing. Highest total score wins, CSerpent avoids ties by putting a thumb on the scale or by asking everyone to rate each other the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
So are you comparing between teams or individual investigators within a team?

If you give bonus points to people who find clues, that will give a strong advantage to some investigators and not others. Plus its a coop, so if not everyone is on the same page, it might lead to the downfall of the team (i.e. I'm gonna go hunt for that extra clue while you gets do that thing).

If you're comparing between games and not investigators then I guess it's fine. You could probably concoct some metric such as

+1 point per clue held
-0.5 per damage or horror taken
-2 points per investigator that takes a trauma
-1 point per round taken (or -1 round per agenda advanced)
+3 point per act completed
+X point depending on the ending achieved.

It's four players, one game (assuming I get four, which I expect I will). If I do a scoring thing, it would be in secret to avoid people working for their own benefit like that. It's a really minor prize -- one more entry in a large drawing -- but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sasinski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isnt keeping ones sanity enough of a reward?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.