Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Stanley
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire, UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have not yet played the game, but dislike the rule that allows you to block off an opponents tile (see Rahdo video review).
I suggest for us less aggressive players, that you make the following
variant rule.

Such a blocking move/placement costs you any one swan - to be paid to your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talitha2 wrote:
I have not yet played the game, but dislike the rule that allows you to block off an opponents tile (see Rahdo video review).
I suggest for us less aggressive players, that you make the following
variant rule.

Such a blocking move/placement costs you any one swan - to be paid to your opponent.

So *every* time a door gets blocked, there's a 2 swan transfer (-1 player A, +1 player B) ??

I don't think that makes sense. Perhaps play the game a few times before suggesting game breaking changes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you should first play the game before recommending such adjustments to the rules.

We too don’t like aggressive games but this one didn’t feel aggressive at all. You almost always have enough other options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not yet played the game; however given Radho’s comment about not enjoying the negative impact of blocking the completion of another player’s room, those who want to reduce this negative impact could use a house rule variant that does as the OP suggests, or even more such as considering the blocked room to be regarded as completed. To each his own.

I plan to use the rules as written for my first few games as I do not mind such negative impacts, but there will someday be players who might want to eliminate the negative impacts but still want to play this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.