Mike Sprague
United States
New York
flag msg tools
new user
My son and I have been playing a 2 player campaign ... fourth mission after the Tutorial, I believe. We thought were on the cusp of escaping, but Vader was hitting us hard. Both of us took enough damage to flip our cards to the wounded side on Vader's turn. Per the instructions, we entered that info in the App ... and woke up in a cell, having been captured. The End.

We thought we would be able to play on (hopefully escaping), both characters on the Wounded side of their cards.

Did we do something wrong? Does at least one player have to be healthy to complete the mission?

In a recent demo, I saw where two of four players where defeated, becoming wounded and flipping their cards to the wounded side, then one of those was defeated a second time, and removed from play. That was what we expected to happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends of the Alliance Rulebook, p.11 first sentence in 2nd column:

Quote:
The players lose a mission if each hero is wounded.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sprague
United States
New York
flag msg tools
new user
Ah, there it is! I was looking for the answer in the wrong place. Thanks!! Hmm, that can make a two player game a little tougher then.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rabblewitz wrote:
Ah, there it is! I was looking for the answer in the wrong place. Thanks!! Hmm, that can make a two player game a little tougher then.


Yes, and no. You will get focus-fired more, but also have the extra health and more actions (for Rest) to counter it. With your Darth Vader example, you'd want to avoid having your heroes only two spaces apart when in Vadar range to avoid Brutality hitting you both at once.

If you have four heroes, you can end up with a hero going from zero damage to wounded from one stormtrooper group activating.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rabblewitz wrote:
Both of us took enough damage to flip our cards to the wounded side on Vader's turn. Per the instructions, we entered that info in the App ... and woke up in a cell, having been captured. The End.

Huh? Are you saying there was no "next mission will give you a chance to escape" or something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Allenberg
msg tools
Herman92 wrote:
Rabblewitz wrote:
Both of us took enough damage to flip our cards to the wounded side on Vader's turn. Per the instructions, we entered that info in the App ... and woke up in a cell, having been captured. The End.

Huh? Are you saying there was no "next mission will give you a chance to escape" or something?


It's the final mission of the campaign; so yes, losing the mission means losing the campaign.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys ... come on, use spoiler tags!! I needed help with defeated/wounded which is why I read the thread. I did not need to know how the campaign ends.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.