Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Set the game up to play solo tonight and realized a few things:

1. The new campaign booklet for valley of death gives no explanation as to where your character starts. It only tells you what cards to use to create the map.

2. To travel to the Red River, you need to go through the white portal. There is no white portal in the valley of death during setup.

Was really hoping to play tonight but don't even know where to start...bummer. Anyone know the answers to the two questions above? Side note: components and artwork are A+
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Grogg
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just wanna piggyback on this. Im also confused. I cant even figure out where a card goes when its acquired. I purchased a skill card from my 20 points to start and dont know if it goes to my hand, stash or deactivate slot. Its something i couldve overlooked but man this rulebook is a puzzle. Also not sure if my starting hand is randomized or if i get to choose the 5 i start with. So badly need a play through video/tutorial. But ya it’s definitely cool to look at though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I'm not the only one. Really want to play, just don't know how and either I'm confused or the rulebook needs some work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:

1. The new campaign booklet for valley of death gives no explanation as to where your character starts. It only tells you what cards to use to create the map.

2. To travel to the Red River, you need to go through the white portal. There is no white portal in the valley of death during setup.

Was really hoping to play tonight but don't even know where to start...bummer. Anyone know the answers to the two questions above? Side note: components and artwork are A+

1. The Valley of Death storybook and the Child of Light books both tell you where to put your character piece.

I think you're referring to the Area Booklet, which does NOT tell you where to place your character in relation to the story. It only tells you how to setup the area and details the content of said area.

2. This is a typo. The portal in the Valley of Death takes you to the Red River.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:

1. The Valley of Death storybook and the Child of Light books both tell you where to put your character piece.

I think you're referring to the Area Booklet, which does NOT tell you where to place your character in relation to the story. It only tells you how to setup the area and details the content of said area.

2. This is a typo. The portal in the Valley of Death takes you to the Red River.

Thank you for the response!

Is there a story for the new areas? Is it just more places to explore? It doesn't sound like there are any story elements to it because the campaign is just Valley of Death. I'm assuming there are no win conditions and the other areas are completely optional/a divergence from the campaign booklet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Is there a story for the new areas? Is it just more places to explore? It doesn't sound like there are any story elements to it because the campaign is just Valley of Death. I'm assuming there are no win conditions and the other areas are completely optional/a divergence from the campaign booklet?

Well, the campaign booklet that comes with the expansion uses the new areas. Are you missing that booklet? Has a girl on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Well, the campaign booklet that comes with the expansion uses the new areas. Are you missing that booklet? Has a girl on it.

I've got the new booklet. Was just curious if the new areas were relevant to the original campaign or only should be played with the Child of Light expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:

I've got the new booklet. Was just curious if the new areas were relevant to the original campaign or only should be played with the Child of Light expansion.

The new areas aren't really relevant to the old campaign, as that campaign was designed without the new areas even existing.

A big part of the new area booklet though is just being able to free-roam and go on adventures to progress your character, outside of the campaigns (or inbetween objectives). So in that sense they may be relevant while you're playing the original campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:

The new areas aren't really relevant to the old campaign, as that campaign was designed without the new areas even existing.

A big part of the new area booklet though is just being able to free-roam and go on adventures to progress your character, outside of the campaigns (or inbetween objectives). So in that sense they may be relevant while you're playing the original campaign.

Got it, once again thanks for all your help. Starting the campaign today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Got it, once again thanks for all your help. Starting the campaign today!

Awesome. Feel free to add me on Facebook if you want quicker responses to rules questions while you play. Just search for Stephen S Gibson (my picture is a cartoon child).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls