Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
badge
Destroyers RULE and Battleships DROOL!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when they will be going to market with one for the base game and (hopefully) the Daimyo boxes? Does anyone remember how much lag-time was there with Blood Rage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New_Zealand_Neil wrote:
Any word on when they will be going to market with one for the base game and (hopefully) the Daimyo boxes? Does anyone remember how much lag-time was there with Blood Rage?

Hopefully sooner rather than later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
End of March for the game going to retail, but the Daimyo box is literally 'the kickstarter exclusive extras box' so you won't be getting that through the normal retail channels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
End of March for the game going to retail, but the Daimyo box is literally 'the kickstarter exclusive extras box' so you won't be getting that through the normal retail channels.

Huh? I already have both actual game boxes. I am asking about a 3rd party insert manufactured by The Broken Token ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, no announcement from Broken Token yet, other than to go vote for the game if you want to see an insert.

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/organizer-suggestions/

If they do a good one that gets everything into the 2 big boxes, I'll definitely pick it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avery Bailey
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Everything can fit already in the 2 big boxes. I want to see if they can get it down to 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof
Germany
Hirschberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, as it is now not everything fits into the two big boxes. The Dynasty Invasion expansion still needs its own box. And i think getting everything in the core box is illusive if you don't want to bag the minis. There are so many more minis than in Blood Rage and these just so fit in the Core Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avery Bailey
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The box is significantly larger than BRage too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Douglas
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avemo3 wrote:
The box is significantly larger than BRage too

What are the dimensions of the Blood Rage box?

Rising Sun is W 32.5cm x H 32.5cm x D 12cm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bovard
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having made a foamcore insert system that fits it all into the two big boxes, I would be incredibly surprised if they get it all to fit in the main box, the issue is so many of the big monsters have gigantic envelope dimensions, especially the dragons and the guys with big weapons that point out. Broken token will certainly make it so that each of the monsters has its own slot and doesn't touch others (to keep paint jobs fromtaking damage), and so I think they'll instead make two inserts, base game in base box(maybe plus expansions), and everything else in Daimyo box.

Also, the plastic upgrades for the KS version take a surprising amount of more space than the standard version.

Of course I would be ecstatic if they could prove me wrong and fit it neatly in one box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Geery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Voted for the option for a custom crate to hold it all, hopefully that means some solution to holding all the KS extras. I am finding the plastic inserts undoing the corrections to warped models frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Halem
msg tools
As soon as my copy arrives (tomorrow!) I plan to start working on a 3D printed storage insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bobonthecob wrote:
Having made a foamcore insert system that fits it all into the two big boxes....

Care to share? / Is this available somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zelos Wilder
msg tools
Ancalagonthe black wrote:
Actually, as it is now not everything fits into the two big boxes. The Dynasty Invasion expansion still needs its own box. And i think getting everything in the core box is illusive if you don't want to bag the minis. There are so many more minis than in Blood Rage and these just so fit in the Core Box.

Two boxes is super easy to accomplish.

One *might* be doable, but it'd be very hard with the expansion. Without the expansion it'd be a lot easier, so maybe the goal is core box + 1 smaller box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turngren
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Filthy, filthy, filthy.
badge
Click me, you know you want to.
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that there is supposedly a playmat still on its way to me, I would personally take a box that was the length of the playmat rolled up, and held all the kickstarter components. Even if it is larger, I would love to be able to fit everything in one box. I would imagine I'm in the minority there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Sanmiguel
United States
LAWRENCEVILLE
Georgia
flag msg tools
aturngren wrote:
Given that there is supposedly a playmat still on its way to me, I would personally take a box that was the length of the playmat rolled up, and held all the kickstarter components. Even if it is larger, I would love to be able to fit everything in one box. I would imagine I'm in the minority there.

I always thought the mat would be something that I would only use if I was playing at home or I knew I was having a 5-6 player game. Having to travel with the core and Daimyo box is enough as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
DOES NOT COMPUTE ||| EXTERMINATE ||| EXTERMINAAAAAATE
mbmbmbmbmb
There's quite a difference of volume between the cardboard and plastic bits. What do you think are the odds that if they make an insert, it will be such that the KS upgraded components will fit into the core box? Fox clan would be a nice bonus, but I REALLY want a single box to carry for when all I need is a 5p base game. This is the first game I'd really want to buy an insert for, the plastic figure inserts are hella awkward to use and awkward to fit the upgraded components under.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The faster the better . Right now I just have everything in zip bags. First thing I did was vote for the insert at the link posted near the top of the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.