Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the No Pun Included downloadable scenario that allows you to change the outcome of the previous scenario from a failure to a success.

Now, seeing as you can endlessly repeat scenarios anyway, it seems like the main use for this is just for the avoidance of boredom of repeating scenarios.

However, we're only three scenarios into our campaign and have just failed our first one, so without any spoilers (except to directly answer this question, of course), are there many or even any scenarios in the game where whether you succeed or fail affects the story path? Or is it okay to just burn the NPI scenario whenever we feel like it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the answer to your question could be considered a spoiler ...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
... yes, there are scenarios that must be won in order to progress the story's path

But as I always have said, the game is long and everyone has differing amounts of available time at their disposal. If time is at a premium ... by all means, skip a scenario that you've lost and don't feel like repeating. House rule yourself a penalty, or just play on ... no one will have a problem with it.

And if someone does, it is irrelevant because it is your game and you, and your group, need to do what you have to to best enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
Because the answer to your question could be considered a spoiler ...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
... yes, there are scenarios that must be won in order to progress the story's path

But as I always have said, the game is long and everyone has differing amounts of available time at their disposal. If time is at a premium ... by all means, skip a scenario that you've lost and don't feel like repeating. House rule yourself a penalty, or just play on ... no one will have a problem with it.

And if someone does, it is irrelevant because it is your game and you, and your group, need to do what you have to to best enjoy the game.

That's not quite what I meant. What I meant was: are there scenarios where if you win you go down story path A, but if you lose then you go down story path B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
About 30 scenarios or so in I haven't come across any. It generally seems to be a choice to make x or y decision that cuts off particular paths, rather than failing to complete a scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.