Subject: List of Wave 2 Expansion Typos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Coleman Ellis
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I've heard that there are some major typos in a few of the wave 2 expansions. Since the reprints should hopefully be shipping out later this month, does there exist a compiled list of the existing typos and what they should be corrected to? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
No, because most are awaiting official confirmation, though it's obvious.

I put an unofficial list of the stuff which has been confirmed in the rules forum here, but there is a few notable things more:

- tyrant begins showdown with its s card in play
- there seems to be the tendency to use lonely tree stats from showdown page, instead of the card
- all green cards in dbk ai should have the text that if monster is separated, do not execute ai and perform ground pound, while there is one which is missing that text (erroneously).

Also, survival action from posun, some traits in polantern, all fruits in lonely tree expansion are sometimes referenced by other names (which you can rather easily guess).

The list of the other stuff I found out is in the rules forum, in my clarification thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevver More
Sweden
flag msg tools
t3clis wrote:
No, because most are awaiting official confirmation, though it's obvious.

I put an unofficial list of the stuff which has been confirmed in the rules forum here, but there is a few notable things more:

- tyrant begins showdown with its s card in play
- there seems to be the tendency to use lonely tree stats from showdown page, instead of the card
- all green cards in dbk ai should have the text that if monster is separated, do not execute ai and perform ground pound, while there is one which is missing that text (erroneously).

Also, survival action from posun, some traits in polantern, all fruits in lonely tree expansion are sometimes referenced by other names (which you can rather easily guess).

The list of the other stuff I found out is in the rules forum, in my clarification thread.

Very nice! Will you be putting these in the clarification thread as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad these probably won't be fixed in the second wave of the 1.5 KS fulfillment.

A man can dream I guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevvermore wrote:

Very nice! Will you be putting these in the clarification thread as well?

Will love to, but I need an official enough confirmation to link Until then, it's just the way the community plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Japan
Iwaki
Fukushima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Too bad these probably won't be fixed in the second wave of the 1.5 KS fulfillment.

A man can dream I guess...

I'm hoping for stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why weren't these type of things looked at all before producing/shipping wave 2? Is it super hard/expensive to make slight alterations to a few cards between print runs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
It requires time, which was not intended to be spent in a reprint.

It also requires money, but it is likely a secondary concern in this particular setting.

It took the guy most part of four years to put out core game and 12 expansions, cancelling a big one when approaching the fifth year.

We have 12 more expansions with a bigger total card count, PLUS an advanced ruleset coming out hopefully in nine months and which contains two more nemeses as part of the bundle, I guess that is enough work for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riff Conner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tombot wrote:
Why weren't these type of things looked at all before producing/shipping wave 2? Is it super hard/expensive to make slight alterations to a few cards between print runs?

No, it's time-consuming. Doing it would require Poots (and team) carefully proofread every card and rulebook page for every expansion to find all the errors, and then decide on what all the revisions should be, and then make the edits, and then make sure the edits don't screw up the layout/format or introduce new errors, and then get the new versions to the printer, who makes proofs that have to be physically mailed back and then those proofs have to be checked.

Poots wanted to make new expansions instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having worked a lot in medium-small print runs... no, it's neither super hard nor expensive to set up a new print run if you don't have something currently being set up. The printers had tons of time; the KD staff had tons of time; the project is big enough and well-funded enough that they should have been able to hire a proofreader for not much... It might not have caught errata, but since everything's been in the wild, they could have probably crowdsourced the errata with fairly little effort, at least catching egregious problems for free.

Either approach would have been relatively cheap and not hugely diverted efforts substantially; both would have probably gotten almost everything.

There should be no need for physical proofs on something that's 99% re-rint from a printer's perspective; printers do digital proofs for layout, and KD clearly missed a number of things in the first set of proofs that are the sort of things that are supposed to be caught by print proofs (esp. image resolution), so they probably either didn't have, or didn't closely inspect, their print proofs anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
They could have probably crowdsourced the errata ... there should be no need for physical proofs on something that's 99% re-print from a printer's perspective.

This is why I'm kind of bothered by the fact I'm about to receive several hundred dollars worth of stuff with errors that have been known about for a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah i don't buy the 'it takes too much time' argument.

From what I've seen, we're not talking hundreds of errors. Surely a junior staff member could have collated some of the items from this and other threads, and put it on Poot's desk for approval. Most of this stuff wouldn't take more than 15 minutes for him to look at and change.

It's especially weird as it seems as though he keeps a 'live' version of the rules for the base game (1.3 > 1.5 etc). You would think he would just update the rules for expansions etc as errors are discovered.

Receiving old expansions with errors in them doesn't really bother me, but it just seems a little lazy not have corrected them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing takes 15 minutes. But yeah, I’m not impressed that Poots didn’t bother fixing known typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, I still think that time is the main cause here.

The only real typos that could be fixed easily are the one in the lonely tree (which, afaik, are being fixed), as well as the dbk (because old master and generic card names are mismatched and easy to rename), and the few typos of referencing/missing cards and survival actions on sunstalker and dragon King.

Other stuff that implies a rewording/errata must be checked thoroughly, or let me make a comparison in my area of expertise: if I change parameter order in an api, it's annoying for the user but can be done quickly; if I change a parameter TYPE in the api, it changes a lot for everyone and it's at least two more weeks of testing. And that's only when you have to ensure backward compatibility, here we have to ensure backward (current expansions), forward (new expansions) and branching (gamblers chest) compatibility.

-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Employ solid TDD processes to avoid two weeks of regression testing for a simple type change .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Gottschalk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't Adam Poots mention in one comment on the 1.5 kickstarter that he is not fixing typos and mistakes in the expansions because he wants to avoid having two different versions for (almost) all the expansion floating around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.