Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonzalo Santacruz de la Torre
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi, first of all great game! I'm getting fun with it and just with the first scenario which is just a part of the rules and campaign. So I really want to advance to more complete scenarios (for sure the ones with landing at the beaches).

Here I have my questions that I would like to clarify before starting a new game:

- Op. Fire and Indirect fire units: Can this type of units perform Oportunity Fire? I'm playing without doing that, but not sure.

- Sustained Fire: imagine that a unit with a HMG fires with Op. Fire while defending in an assault attack, and a Sustained Fire marker is placed. Can those units fire again to the same assaulting units? or is the Sustained Fire to remark that the units could fire to other adjacent hex triggering the Op. Fire?

- Night Assault Op. Fire and Infiltration: I have read that Japanese units can perform night infiltration within USA fire zones without being fired by Op. Fire, but, Can be this also applied to night assaults? Of course without Illumination markers present. As far as I know for what I read on the rules, the defenders always can fire. Correct?

- Direct Commands: I thought that Direct commands points activate one by one your units, but it seems that you can pay additional command points to add units to a Fire action done by the activated unit. That's good for the americans. On the other hand JP units cannot do it with the Gyokusai marker, as they need to move or assault (I think they cannot perform the 2nd automatic action with the Direct Command chit, so they just assault or just move).

I really enjoyed the scenario even I know that I did some mistakes (maybe some on the rules but sure on the strategies and actions performed, specially by the americans). The Japanese units had great die rolls while assaulting and that caused many american units losses initially.
Starting the 7:00 hour turn the Japanese units where just adjacent to the victory point hexe (which was empty), so the first activation would give the game the JP victory or not (it was the 27 Div activation finally).
At the end some good indirect fire and direct fire agains the JP units and better USA assault rolls ended with USA victory at 9:00, but the JP were really near victory.
Also I forgot to use the "Reaction move" which whoud have caused the Japanese victory at the end of 5:00 turn.

I'm sure that repeating the game will be much more difficult for the japanese side next time.

I don't know if continue with 2nd scenario or repeat this one, but as I want to advance to more complete scenarios I think that I will play the second.

Gonzalo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gonzalo - very glad you had fun with it so far...here you go:

Quote:
- Op. Fire and Indirect fire units: Can this type of units perform Oportunity Fire? I'm playing without doing that, but not sure.

Not unless they are on their direct fire side (column). Black FP units don't have fire zones to be triggered.

Quote:
- Sustained Fire: imagine that a unit with a HMG fires with Op. Fire while defending in an assault attack, and a Sustained Fire marker is placed. Can those units fire again to the same assaulting units? or is the Sustained Fire to remark that the units could fire to other adjacent hex triggering the Op. Fire?

No to the first - you have to have your Op Fire triggered again to fire again. Yes to the 2nd. If it couldn't sustain fire, you would put a No Op Fire marker on it - it wouldn't be able to op fire until removed.

Quote:
- Night Assault Op. Fire and Infiltration: I have read that Japanese units can perform night infiltration within USA fire zones without being fired by Op. Fire, but, Can be this also applied to night assaults? Of course without Illumination markers present. As far as I know for what I read on the rules, the defenders always can fire. Correct?

Unless they have a No Op Fire marker on them, yes.

Quote:
- Direct Commands: I thought that Direct commands points activate one by one your units, but it seems that you can pay additional command points to add units to a Fire action done by the activated unit. That's good for the americans. On the other hand JP units cannot do it with the Gyokusai marker, as they need to move or assault (I think they cannot perform the 2nd automatic action with the Direct Command chit, so they just assault or just move).

The units adding to your fire strength are also activated - that's why you have to pay for them too. Oh, and you can't perform a 2nd action with a Direct Command chit ever. You only get a 2nd action with a division or formation activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Santacruz de la Torre
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam, everything clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.