3 Posts

Space Empires: 4X» Forums » Rules

Subject: Maintenance for destoryed ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Ugaldea
msg tools
mbmb
Just began my second game and am having difficulty with the maintenance rules. The spreadsheet provided with the box and the rules on scuttling and maintenance have caused a bit of confusion.

The heart of my question is simple: do I pay maintenance on the "pay maintenance" portion of an economic phase if the ship has been destroyed/scuttled during the same phase? I think not, but then I look at the spreadsheet and wonder why the maintenance adjustments appear after I'm told to pay maintenance...

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachie Varley
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the previous econ phase column.

E.g.

Just completed economy phase 8:

I scuttle two scouts in the next turn.

Maintenance decrease in the "8" column is two.

In economy phase 9, I would add my maintenance from any ships built during that economy phase.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ‘maintenance’ field records how much you pay in maintenance this turn. The maintenance incr/dec fields record all changes to maintenance for the next turn. So if you choose to scuttle ships as you’re calculating maintenance, then record the decrease in the previous turn’s column. Or ignore it altogether. Only the maintenance field matters, the incr/dec are just to ease bookkeeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.