Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you haven't seen it, Nemesis has revealed the all-in pledge that includes the Sundrop effect for "all minis," of course including Carnomorph. The level is GBP178/~USD251.

"All miniatures from Core Box, SG and expansions will be painted with Sundrop."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the heads up, my friend! I just upgraded my pledge, I'm all in with Sundrop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you, Barry. I'm sure they will look great!

Personally, I am painting from scratch, but they do look to be very nicely done. (Let us all know how you like them in a year!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will do, I have to get into painting my own stuff - I have a decent batch of mini's to mutilate learning how to paint well, just don't know where to start ( what paints to purchase, etc ), but there's plenty of documentation online, so making excuses for being lazy.

I'll be sure to post pics in a year cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
gelaar wrote:
Will do, I have to get into painting my own stuff - I have a decent batch of mini's to mutilate learning how to paint well, just don't know where to start ( what paints to purchase, etc ), but there's plenty of documentation online, so making excuses for being lazy.

I'll be sure to post pics in a year cool

I know a lot of people like the Army Painter paints, but I have had really good luck with the Reaper paints. I have some Army Painter paints, and I find them a little too thin for good coverage compared to Reaper. Reaper also costs less than Army Painter paints. You can buy sets or individual paints.

I got most mine through Miniature Giant. They offer an increasing discount depending on how much you buy. You can certainly get them from most stores though.

Just some thoughts in case you decide to start painting. If you want, I can post a few pics of some Zombicide minatures I painted with Reaper paints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UPDATE: MY BAD! I didn't notice the carnomorphs and sundrop can be bought separately. I thought carnomorphs can only be obtained in a more expensive package and sundrop in all-in package.

I am sorry for me thinking the Awaken Realms are being cynical. Thanks for correcting me. Good that i wrote my questions about KS tiers.
=========

I have one question for you lot: does this game represent something absolutely unique and compelling so that the rules on their own rectify buying of the game?

I ask because there is a lot hype about this game, and i find it difficult to be taken away with it when looking at the game components.

I really want to like this game, and normally the s-f space ship theme and close quarters combat is a sure hit for me. Everything in me screams "that's the stuff you like" but the game components make me feel very luke-warm about Nemesis.

I guess the biggest culprit are the miniatures. They are not only the cheapest Aliens franchise knock-off of i have ever seen (nothing against it mind you) but sadly, also the most ugly ones. The design of the Queen and breeders and creepers is laughable for anybody used to tabletop game standards. Note the i really mean "design". The quality of the minis is surely going to be top notch but the design , especially of a Queen which should be a pinnacle of horror when playing this game is just botched. I would prefer just plain paper counters. I guess i can always use Prodos AvP miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nano
msg tools
dorelas wrote:

i also would like to ask for confirmation for my conclusions considering 4 Nemesis KS tiers:

0 - what are VOIDSEEDERS? Are they part of the UNLOCKED STRETCH GOALS? Do the optionally replace all the models in the base game? Ironically the design here is better than the base game and is somewhat original.
The value of the base package is truly amazing. This game is pretty cheap!

Yes, Voidseeders are part of the unlocked SG. The KS page is quite clear about it, I'd say.

Quote:
3 - i am genuine dumbfounded why so little backers decided to go for the Carnomorphs race. Again, this is very untypical for the Kickstarters. Tiers offering extra races and choices are usually the middle. top-selling ones which is clearly not the case here.

How can you know that? I'm guessing you're dividing the amount pledged by the number of backers, or something similar? Carnomorphs are an add-on, and as such might be purchased via the pledge manager at the end of the campaign. Also, there are people pledging just 1GBP at the moment, so I'd say we know nothing for sure.

Quote:
4 - not much to say, very nice Sundrop effect but a huge price difference from the base game. Pity there is a Sundrop option only for the All-in tier.

That is right away false. Sundrop is an add-on available for every tier, as seen in the page. They just added it with a discount to the all-in pledge.

Quote:
Clearly they expected more people to back the All-in option and here is the carrot on the stick to do so now. I would love this option to not be an option at all and would have all models pre-painted like we are used to from FFG.

Jesus, most the miniatures from FFG come unpainted (SW rebellion, Descent 1.0 and 2.0, Doom, Gears of war, Rune wars, Mansions of madness, Battle Lore...). Off the top of my head I can only recall X-wing and maybe Armada as being prepainted. Where did you get all your information from before posting??? No offense intended, but it seems like a bunch of assumptions and/or missinformation.

Edit: mostly grammar and spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Nano said most of it, but to add...
The game has 3 races offered, each one has a different feel.
Core has the Intruders; typical aliens. Voidseeders are an unlocked goal that come with any pledge and they are mind-control aliens.
The Carnomorphs are DNA robbers and are either add-on for $43 or come as part of the Captain's or all-in pledges.
Aftermath is a third expansion, and that will come with all pledges as an unlocked goal. Aftermath has an entirely new crew come to investigate the derelict ship after the end of your first game...sort of becomes a campaign of sorts...including a save game mechanic.

The way the costs are structured, if you do not need the terrain expansion (3D doors/eggs/dead crew/escape pods) nor the art book (really does not add to the game play but adds artificial atmosphere), the most economical route is to stick with the core pledge (get all the stretch goals), and only pay for the Carnomorphs and the extended comic book....you'd save about $50 doing that for that cheaper price.
One needs to closely analyze all the options to find the sweet spot for the pure sake of game play. (At least for me, that's why you see a lot of core pledges; assuming most backers are really looking at the options....and decide to do the Carnompophs as add-ons only.

I've played the PnP version and the game is completely immersive; very much so. Some people are concerned about the semi-coop mechanism possibly being unbalanced, but sometimes life is unbalanced as well

The only concern I have remaining is that the personal objectives might get repetitious after a BUNCH of plays, but then you have 3 more expansions to freshen up the mix...

I'm excited for it...Nano is still on the fence, I believe.shake

EDIT: Carnomorphs do not come with Captains...sorry...

Final edit: If your character dies, you come back as an alien and battle your opponents...that could be cool just to die on purpose.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rebbon_71 wrote:

Just some thoughts in case you decide to start painting. If you want, I can post a few pics of some Zombicide minatures I painted with Reaper paints.

Please do, that would be great, thanks for the tips!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use regular old Testor paint and custom mix my colors. (I do use brush-on Vallejo black primer, though.

Not sure how to add pics to this but I will try (hope this example come in; if not the link is further below...)

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3938984/star-wars-imperial-a...

Seeing that it worked, here's one more:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I upgraded to the Sundrop Intruder Pledge. I just need to add on the Medic, it looks like, when it's available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson

North Carolina
msg tools
SpaceMind wrote:
I upgraded to the Sundrop Intruder Pledge. I just need to add on the Medic, it looks like, when it's available.

Dropped my nemesis pledge after the cluster foxtrot with Lords of Hella pledge. Yet to recieve my first wave shipping of Titan pledge. Customer service said I would get before Nemesis KS ends. Have no confidence in the company as they are continually changing updates on what does where. Not been a good KS experience here and lost confidence in company. Others had similar experience with TWOM and Edgefall frustrations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceMind wrote:

Yeah, you can buy the medic in your pledge manager after the campaign ends (I am sure it will be a select-able choice.) It would take several weeks for the pledge manager to open up. I assume you could throw in $10 more now, but I think(???) you can also wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
401stprophet wrote:
SpaceMind wrote:

Dropped my nemesis pledge after the cluster foxtrot with Lords of Hella pledge. Yet to recieve my first wave shipping of Titan pledge. Customer service said I would get before Nemesis KS ends. Have no confidence in the company as they are continually changing updates on what does where. Not been a good KS experience here and lost confidence in company. Others had similar experience with TWOM and Edgefall frustrations.

Yeah, can't blame you. I never even heard of Lords of Hellas, so I did not go through that. AR claims in a Live video that "they learned from their mistakes with LOH (and admitted they screwed that up royally) but now have the people and infrastructure set up so that cluster will not happen again." But who knows. (They say, twice bitten...)

...I'm hoping they did learn from their previous experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Barry,

Here are a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:
3 - i am genuine dumbfounded why so little backers decided to go for the Carnomorphs race. Again, this is very untypical for the Kickstarters. Tiers offering extra races and choices are usually the middle. top-selling ones which is clearly not the case here.

In addition to Nano's comments, the Intruder pledge was added 2 days ago. That means in the past 2 days about 3k people have decided to either back at all-in or switch to it.

Additionally, the core box pledge is the only pledge level to skip the non-gameplay extras - terrain and artbook. Personally, I like the idea of the terrain, but have no interest in the artbook. So, even with the bundle discount it's cheaper to stick with the core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Blogs
United Kingdom
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also switched to sundrop all in - for the £45 for the sundrop, it would cost me about £25 for paint, and would take maybe 10-20 hours to paint them all, so £20 for 20 hours of my time seems a bargin.

Wish they would do an all in without the art book though. Replace the art book with the medic, and offer early bidders an additional £7.50p off of the all in game option so eveything for gaming is in the box(es) and eveybody is good on the money side as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares Rangers wrote:
I've played the PnP version and the game is completely immersive; very much so.

Thanks for an endorsement. "1-5 players semi-cooperative" would you say playing it solo would rob it of much of a suspense or its a minor gimmick?
I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl-hpPu_MFM Ready Steady Play (what a nice group) and there was no objectives crippling the solo play whatsoever (i.e. nothing extreme like House on the Hill).

A propos voices raising concern about reliability of the publisher: DROP IT! You can slepp well, they may be slow but they are immensly reliable, this game is gonna come out no questions about it. And considering their previous experience, chances are they did learn from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:
Antares Rangers wrote:
I've played the PnP version and the game is completely immersive; very much so.

Thanks for an endorsement. "1-5 players semi-cooperative" would you say playing it solo would rob it of much of a suspense or its a minor gimmick?
I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl-hpPu_MFM Ready Steady Play (what a nice group) and there was no objectives crippling the solo play whatsoever (i.e. nothing extreme like House on the Hill).

A propos voices raising concern about reliability of the publisher: DROP IT! You can slepp well, they may be slow but they are immensly reliable, this game is gonna come out no questions about it. And considering their previous experience, chances are they did learn from it.

Have not tried solo mode (BTW...the Solo Star Wars movie...bump). But I'd think there would be some suspense in Nemesis solo, but it might be one of the weaker modes???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.