Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vault 84 and 109 appearence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alejandro Silva Garreton
Argentina
flag msg tools
When do i use this decks?
If the setup doesnt say it, and i explore a tile that has vault 84, does the vault 84 deck appear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chafik Badache
msg tools
Keep doing quests and they'll appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Silva Garreton
Argentina
flag msg tools
So, if a vault 84 tile comes up, i can’t do an encounter there until a quest tells me to use the vault 84 deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chafik Badache
msg tools
ShaggyMD wrote:
So, if a vault 84 tile comes up, i can’t do an encounter there until a quest tells me to use the vault 84 deck?

Correct. You need a quest that tells you to set up the Vault 84 deck before you can do an encounter there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Blatant spoilers:

The vault 84 deck is created by a sidequest chain
Spoiler (click to reveal)
that pretty much appears early in every scenario, usually as first or second sidequest (if you don't choose mainquests so it comes first, it's usually forced to come second by being tacked onto both main quest choices there)

Vault 109
Spoiler (click to reveal)
never really becomes a big deck, individual loot can appear there (along with a decoy card to dilute finding that) based on rumors you hear in Vault 84 if you don't take the endorsement option on particular cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich V

New York
msg tools
So when the vault 84 quest comes up, does it start right away or do I have to first discover the vault?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Some early portions of the quest (investigating rumors about the vault and stuff) can be done before finding the tile, progressing the quest beyond the part where you actually enter requires you to find the tile and be on its space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools
Minor spoiler warning

The Vaults have me a bit dazzled. Playing commonwealth, leads you to creating a vault 84 deck, consisting out of a number of cards depending on the survivors ( so far I'm good )

Which is the first card where you need to be on the 84 space? All cards that are part of the 84 deck?

Now with vault 109, it depends on how many leads you gather in vault 84 ( or other sources I have yet to meet ingame ) that will determine the size of the 109 deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Day
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sringoot wrote:
The Vaults have me a bit dazzled. Playing commonwealth, leads you to creating a vault 84 deck, consisting out of a number of cards depending on the survivors ( so far I'm good )

I'm not sure what you're asking. While doing the Commonwealth main quest you'll eventually stage 067 Vault Rumors and, depending on how you do this, you'll stage 068 or 069. Completing either of this will add 070 or 071 to the Vault 84 deck which, at that point, you will have to created with only one card. Then you'll go to the Vault 84 space and do a regular encounter action finding that one specific card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Lanthier
Canada
flag msg tools
So I take X cards from the vault 84 deck my wife has a deck of 2 cards because there is 2 of us, she does 2 cards one of which adds another card, so vault 84 deck was a total of 3 cards total all of which get trashed.

Now the vault 84 quests are done? We learned the location of 109 but added no cards, I went to vault 109 and it's jst an infinite loop so we're just leaving it. We dn't like to look at spoilers so it sems we were just not lucky enough to draw the right "2" cards to happen in vault 84?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really confusing. Four cards in vault 84 made a thin but still working deck. With 109 we had two cards, where one said it needs to be trashed and second one said resolve it an you can go to a next card (there was none).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.