Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m playing through all the characters vs the Witch King Simulation to get to know them so I can teach this game next game night.

I feel like I’m cheating with Luella. Whenever she got Overtaken, I just put everything but the one spell I wanted her to cast in the stash. Following the rules on p13, that works to direct her energies wherever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quizoid wrote:
I’m playing through all the characters vs the Witch King Simulation to get to know them so I can teach this game next game night.

I feel like I’m cheating with Luella. Whenever she got Overtaken, I just put everything but the one spell I wanted her to cast in the stash. Following the rules on p13, that works to direct her energies wherever you want.

Very cool idea

What you're doing is an expected behavior, so no problems there. It's more difficult to pull off in the Tall Tale, because you'll have a very limited stash size until you level it up, but still doable to a degree.

As for how powerful it is in versus...I think it's balanced. Sure, you'll make sure the spell you want is getting empowered by the Gaia Mind, but an opponent could force you to discard or deactivate that one card before it even resolves (Nyunyo could pretty easy with his showstopper).

Plus, Luella's overtaken is pretty well telegraphed to the other players, so it's not hard to account for it and prepare a defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.