Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » General

Subject: Fan Made Content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An indicator of how successful and popular a game is can be judged by the amount of fan made content that players have taken the time to create and have been willing to share with us all here on BGG. I take my hat off to you all and congratulate you for producing some truly amazing contributions.
I am busy trying to source some ship models for some of the fan made ships that have been created and I came across this KS campaign and wondered if these may be suitable.
They are a set of four V'lar ships for the game Starfinder and I would love it if someone could use their talents to develop a set of ship maps and ability cards for them.
Take a look at the campaign here (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/0-hr/vlar-starship-maps...)
I'm tempted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder about the size of the ships. So many minis I see are just a little too big.

I recently saw a version of Star Wars Monopoly that had four ships that looked like they’d be the perfect size.
I don’t see that version here on BGG but I found a link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BOV64SK?tag=article-geek...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was going by the size of the stands which looked similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure the two big ships are going to be Teir 3 size or bigger. I made all the files for the Shadowstar Corsair ships, and those models are the right size for teir 3, but too big for the others. The smaller ship looks about right for a teir 2 or maybe even a 1. I submitted a question to the creator for ship size.

You may want to reach out to him and ask if he would mind giving you the files you need to make them. Having his ships able to be used for another game would increase his sales, so it would be a win/win. That is what happened with the last project I worked on. And if you get the files I should be able to give a hand on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator.

Quote:
The cargo ship and bomber are each 2 inches long. The fighter is just under 1 inch. In the pictures, those clear acrylic hex bases are 1 inch across (for reference).

The larger ships are going to be way too big, and the smaller ships would be large teir 3 ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a pity. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am totally biased on this, but have you tried the Shadowstar Corsair ships? There are a lot of them and they add a ton of variety, and getting a set of the ships is pretty cheap. Just saying. I may have to go back and give each a second ability, but I will wait until I can see the abilities from the expansion first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Horton
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who do not know about fan made content BGG link, here it is:

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Unofficial_Xia%3ALoaDS_m...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Steve: they may be cheap in the States.... :o) I have been looking, but not found them yet at an affordable price. Would love a set though, at some stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have gathered some models to use with Xia .
I can take a picture of Star Wars risk millennium falcon, firefly game serenity and some micro machine Star Trek ones. All in one photo with some Xia ships for scale.

How do I post them on here any tips or a direct link to teach would be cool.
sorry not very techy blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That would be useful. But, like you, I don't have the first clue how to post a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you make your post, there is a picture of a camera in the line of icons directly above the subject. The camera lets you point to a picture already uploaded to BGG, and the camera with the small arrow lets you upload the picture to BGG and place it in your post all at one time. Just make sure after you browse for your picture, you click the upload files button. You can even select multiple images at one time to upload.

Then when you post your image, it gives you the small line of code,
you can insert either medium or large after the number, but before the ]
to control what size the picture is when you post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you want to meet me half way, I will be in Fiji in a few months. I could get you a set and have them with me when I go there. Just tell your family you are taking them there for vacation. It is a win/win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I am totally biased on this, but have you tried the Shadowstar Corsair ships?
Quote:
The larger ships are going to be way too big, and the smaller ships would be large teir 3 ships.
The smaller ships might be T2 sized, but it's also possible that they do not have a hole on the bottom for a stand. While the larger ships are going to be a little larger than T3. These basically are Shadowstar ships, same scale, same creator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for info , will ask one of my technagers to assist .

From top left tier1 Swamp rat tier2 Bitter karma tier3 Nightshade
Next are four medium size ships from Battleship Galaxies (better version in space)
Next row is Millenium Falcon from Risk: Star Wars Edition (it has to be the black edition version with this model inside)
Same row has Firefly Serenity and a Ravager ship from Firefly: The Game. Followed by the Interceptor and S.S.Walden from Firefly: The Game – Pirates & Bounty Hunters.
The rest are Star Trek micromachine models which would make ideal tier4 ships . The first one would still cut it as a tier3 (Runabout , from deep space 9 I think).

Thanks for help with image posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Steve, love to meet you in Fiji, unfortunately I can't even afford to go next door to Australia. I nice thought though.
If you have editable ship mat files there is no reason not create a tier 4 ship. Create some new rules for use and away you go. I have the Micromachines Falcon, I guess it's bigger than the Risk model? I've also bought the Firefly Set#1 models. I'm still after the Micromachines Ferengi Marauder model. You know, I think I might just back those V'Lar ships, for me size of the models aren't really an issue unless they are excessively big. The little ones probably don't have holes in the bottom but thats easily rectified. I was thinking of using the small ones as npc enforcers or maybe guns for hire. Mercenaries you can hire to attack the merchant npc and steal it's cargo. All this will need new rules of engagement but it'll be a bit of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie_Spawn wrote:
If you have editable ship mat files there is no reason not create a tier 4 ship. Create some new rules for use and away you go.

If you go to the Wiki page, at the bottom is all the files to make almost anything for the game you want. I just used GIMP, which is free, to modify them, and it turned out pretty good. If you are going to make another Tier, then you would need to decide what color it would be, and then make some new templates, but that isn't too hard. Let me know if you want me to give you a hand. If I am in New Zealand anytime, I will give you a heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.