Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

First, I have Defenders of the Realm, which I hear is a lot like Pandemic. If i have Defenders, is Pandemic different enough to warrant purchasing it?

Secondly if I am getting Pandemic, I know I want to play a bunch before I even attempt Legacy. With season 2 out, I don't know if I should worry about season 1 going out of print. If I get Season 1, couldn't I just play regular Pandemic on it for a while?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melvin Vasquez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can play regular pandemic on it before you start with the Legacy mechanics. In fact, it encourages you to do so.

I think you should buy the core Pandemic game if you plan to buy the expansions as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irish Man
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the expansions not compatible with the Legacy board/cards/etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tertius Gaudens
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
◉, ◉
badge
◉ ,◉
mbmbmbmbmb
They are compatible, I believe. The legacy card backs are the same as the original game, if I remember correctly. If you have a group of friends willing to commit to 12+ sessions of legacy, I'd say do that. If that is an iffy prospect, I'd go standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
irishman wrote:
Are the expansions not compatible with the Legacy board/cards/etc?

Well, if you buy the legacy version as base pandemic and some expansions, you won't have some characters which are in base pandemic but not in legacy, but that's pretty minor. More than that, once you are finished with the legacy campaign, your cards and board will be full of stickers. If you are ready to play basic pandemic with such a setup that should be OK, but for sure you should ask yourself this question first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played Defenders.

I do have regular Pandemic and all expansions and have played/enjoyed them. Season 1 was one of the best experiences of my gaming life and I'd 100% suggest it for pretty much anyone who plays games.

Regular Pandemic is good too. And you can figure out how much you like it, by playing it on the Legacy board without actually playing the Legacy game. IF you love it, buy it after you play Legacy. If you don't love it, you'll probably still be glad you played Season 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.