5 Posts

GKR: Heavy Hitters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Indirect Fire and Cover rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat W
msg tools
new user
Confused by the rules regarding missiles and cover... on pg.26 of the rulebook it states that the defender is considered to have no cover (even though the picture shows full cover from the heavy hitter and partial cover from the spotter)... does the spotter take away any cover bonus as long as it can see the target?

Also if there was no spotter and the heavy hitter had LOS to the opponent with a missile does the opponent recieve partial cover if applicable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right that partial cover does not matter when spotting a unit - if you can spot him, then the heavy hitter can ignore the cover. That's my understanding

I guess what isn't so clear from the rules is when something has PARTIAL cover from a heavy hitter, can they still use a spotter to ignore that cover?

And then your final point - which is effectively "can a heavy hitter spot for himself"? I feel the answer is almost certainly "no" here, but good to get that clarified
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Support Unit can spot the target, the attack can be indirect, so there is no cover. If there are no spotters, but the Heavy Hitter has line of sight, it simply becomes a normal direct attack and all cover rules apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat W
msg tools
new user
Yeah thats the way I thought it worked... still not sure about having Heavy Hitter LOS and a spotter, assume indirect firing can only happen when you have no LOS and therefore if your Heavy can see the target they can have partial cover? (Spotters only count when its indirect?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, as long as one of your Support Units can spot, you can consider it indirect, even if your Heavy Hitter can see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.