Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

High Frontier» Forums » Rules

Subject: High Frontier 2nd Edition - Do you recalculate TMP after each burn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm revisiting High Frontier 2nd Edition.

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right - if I launch a tug class rocket (-2 thrust movement points) and after a burn it becomes transport class (-1 thrust movement point) due to fuel expenditure, do I get that expended thrust movement point back, so to speak?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, you calculate your thrust at the start of the turn, and it remains unchanged for the turn.

Part of that is deciding whether to use open-cycle cooling; if doing so causes you to cross a boundary, that causes you to "get back" the thrust you lost for being heavier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
No, you calculate your thrust at the start of the turn, and it remains unchanged for the turn.

Part of that is deciding whether to use open-cycle cooling; if doing so causes you to cross a boundary, that causes you to "get back" the thrust you lost for being heavier.

Ah - I knew I'd seen something about that.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.